Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im down 50 need to lose 30 fast!! HELP!!!

hi i need some help to lose 30 lbs fast... i was banded in sept and have lost 50lbs... anyone have some great tips on excersize or whatever to help me lose 30 pounds or close to in 7.5 weeks??

Why do you need to lose it that fast?

Truth is, if you manage it, you'll lose a lot of lean body tissue. Fat loss is a slow process and its much healthier (and you'll get a better end result) by taking it slower.

Nevertheless to maximise your weight loss in the next 7 weeks, why not try some interval training. Take a 40 minute cardio session, whatever it us you usually do, and try adding intervals of very intense activity alternated with more moderate recovery - like if you're running, sprint full out for a minute, take 3 minutes to recover and repeat the process 7 or 8 times. Ten minutes of more moderate pace to warm up and cool down and you have a good routine. It might be a good idea to change what you do, just to shock your body - so if you like the elliptical, run on the treadmill instead, etc.

Do that four or five times a week and 3 circuit training sessions - where you do your weights NON STOP, focussing on compound full body moves - squats, lunges, deadlifts, shoulder press, push ups, dips - using a barbell where appropriate. So you might do 40 squats with a loaded barbell, immediately followed by 40 pushups - this gives your legs a chance to recover whilst you work a different muscle group, but becuase you're moving continuously and doing it fast and hard, it burns mega fat. I like to do this interspersed with short 5 minute treadmill runs after every 4 exercises or so.

I can promise a routine like this will give you really good results.

but eating wise, I really wouldnt advise doing anything too extreme or faddish. You're in this for the long haul, to learn a new lifestyle and starving yourself to lose weight fast is kind of counterproductive to that.

People can lose quickly on a liquid diet, but then you aren't allowing your band to work for you to help eliminate hunger. Cutting out carbs also helps for fast weight loss. Drinking tons of Water and spiking up with the exercise routine can help as well.

30 pounds in 7.5 weeks is not really a reasonable goal. That is 4 pounds a week . . . and the optimal range of weight loss is between 1-2 pounds a week. While it is possible to do it, it is not the healthiest of alternatives.

Out of curiosity . . . what happens in 7.5 weeks? It must be something special :0)

yes... i know im in this for the long haul and all... blah blah blah... and no im not trying to do any fad crazy diet... i already have the band and it works great... i started doing interval training... and by the sound of it... that is what ill stick with...

..... what this is all for?? well my husband is in a very very popular band...and playing a big festival in LA... and the last time i saw everyone (a year in april) i had gotten up to 230# (after 2 babies).... ill be seeing a ton of old friends and who havent seen me since the 230#.... and i'd like to look as good as possible... and no im not looking to do anything unhealthy... just needed excersize suggestions... so thanks everyone!!!!... i probably need to step up my Water drinking too...