Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, today was the first time that I have actually seen my surgeon since the morning after I was band. Everytime up until today, when I have went in for a fill or whatever other reason, I have always seen his Nurse.

My appointment today was due to my not being able to get the fullness feeling when eating and that causing me to eat more than I should have been eating.

When he got me infront of the Fluroscopy machine I was so scared that I had strectched my pouch. Much to my surprise, it wasn't stretched out any at all. He looked very closely and told me that everything looked just fine and there was enough room for another fill.

This was my 4th fill and up until this fill, I really hadn't felt much restriction. But now, I feel it totally. I have had squirts of hunger today but with a little bit of Fluid they went away. Around 7 tonight, I decided to have a little bit of oatmeal that was really runny. I had about 5 teaspoons maybe 6 and that was all that it took to fill me up. Before today, I could eat a whole packet full and still want more.

I can now feel the Fluid actually stay in one place for more than just a second and it is such a totally different feeling than it just going straight through.

My next appointment is April 15 and I have decided to set a goal for myself. By the time I go back to see him again, I want to have lost atleast 15 pounds. I am sure I can do this with alot of hard work, disipline, and exercise. I just checked myself before I decided to post this thread and I have already lost 1 pound since this morning. 14 more to go and I will be there.

If anyone wants to join me in this challenge, just let me know and we can go at it together.

I was just banded on Jan 22nd and I'm scheduled to have my first fill on Feb 26th and I hope to have the same restriction b/c as of now, I feel like I could eat a lot more than just mushies---so keep up your momentum!! Good luck on those next 14 pounds!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches