Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 13 here

Well I wanted to give a short account of my surgery so I can remember it later on...

I checked in at 10:30 AM and the guy smelled of alcohol that was checking me in. I had to laugh... oh well. Went over and got into the pre op area. Made me take a pg test which of course is negative because effectively believe I am in menopause, am on day 40 something of my cycle, longest I have ever had but who knows if the stress of getting ready for this scared it away. They had to get a special IV nurse over because i have sort troublesome veins. Got that and then I got a shot of lovenox in the belly due to my father's history of blood clots I guess. (dunno) They started me on some kind of fluids in the IV.

Pushed me over to the waiting area where the anthesigiologist spoke with me. Told him to be careful because I am a singer. (he didn't listen, I still have a little irritation LOL) Saw my doc and he asked me if I was ready and I said yup.

Rolled me into the ER and I wiggled from gurney to operating table then they started strapping me down and put my arms out so I looked like a t. That's about all I remember.

Woke up in post op and was pretty alert. They rolled some other chick in a few minutes later who was crying. I told the dude... get me out of here I don't want to listen to that. He made me breathe real deep to prove I could go out of there.

Rolled me up to my room. Gave me more lovenox I think. Put something else in my IV. Put those inflating booties on my legs. Got a lovely room and bed. Overlooking the bay... large room looked like for VP, all mine. Husband came in. Got up and went for a walk rolling my IV with me. Night fell could see the sunset, pretty nice. Went back to room. Gave me some tray of some crap and told me to try to have it. I tried the lemonade and my throat was too iritated. Ate the ice chips. Decided to ask for osme malox and some pain killers. Got a bit loopy, was testing with friend, finally gave up and called her and then fell asleep. HUsband left to take care of our dog. Woke up by some respitory woman made me inhale into this thing. Said I was a champ. Went for another walk. Ate some more ice chips. Got them myself.

Went back to bed but couldn't really sleep. Dozed on and off listening to my ipod. Nurse Came back and gave me some insulin because my blood sugar spiked a little due to the whatever's in the IV.

Around 4 ish I asked from more pain killers more to go to sleep wasn't in much pain but the distention was driving me crazy. Got a little more insulin.

Woke up around 6 or 7 and got up and took another walk and got some more ice chips. Tried to eat some Jello. Not too much fun. the tray it came on had a bug on it. Had to prove I could eat something so I ate some damn red popsicle.

Someone came along and took out my IV. I went and got cleaned up and dressed so I could get out. Had a post op welcome to your new life class and went out on a wheelchair.

Was feeling pretty crappy on the way home but stopped to get something at Walgreen's can't remember what it was... think it was maloxx or something. Damn curb nearly about killed me.

Went home and got in my lazyboy sofa... and watched TV! Feeing like... damn get this thing out of me! Took a shower later on. Everytime I wake up, I feel a bit better.

Today I don't feel like get this thing out of me... so... making progress.

Grr wrote a really nice account of my surgery so I could remember it. the server times out of course! Oh well.

Yay my post didn't get eaten. I meant was texting with my friend not testing.

Well I can honestly say the distention in the tummy is going down but the wind is still traveling through it. Having a really hard time with liquids and burping. Also the TMI D thing still going on... imodium works but I don't want to rely on that all day. I can't wait until I am off Clear Liquids.

I actually have not lost any weight. Oh and I am NOT in menopause... which explains why I am feeling way more yucky than I might otherwise feel. I think it also explains why I haven't really lost anything, generally for typical "P" whole week I gain 2 to 3 lbs typically and lose it by the end of the week... so 4 more days and hopefully I'll see the scale start moving. The liquids probably would help so I am going to be more diligent about taking them.

We are puppysitting in an emergency and if this little guy keeps jumping on my tummy, I am gonna get whatever pitchers wear to baseball games. Still he is very entertaining but his little claws are really sharp and he likes to jump a bit.

A week out and I am feeling pretty good. The incisions are looking good and not itching as much now.