Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly banded (2/6) and new to the site

Hi,

My name is Nancy and I just got banded on Friday, Feb 6th. I thought it would be a "breeze"..in and out the same day..and was pretty shocked by how crummy I felt. I spent the night in the hospital suffering from a lot of nausea. I went home the next morning but I'm pretty swollen and sore although today is better than yesterday.

I've had a lot of heart-burn which I never had previously. I'm being very careful to sip as I was a big gulper before. I guess it just takes some time to adjust to this new lifestyle. My doctor said to take some Mylanta which does help.

Anyway, I'm excited to introduce myself and meet other folks on this journey!

Hello, I was also banded 2-6-09. I'm not having alot of pain but filled up with gas. If I could just get rid of this gas it would make things easier. I lost 31lbs before surgery. I'm looking forwards to my knew life. I hope things get better for the both of us.

Hi Peechez! I'm having a lot of gas too but I feel a lot better this morning so I am going to take a walk and see if that helps. I lost 37 lbs before surgery so we have that in common...I didn't really intend for that to happen but my surgery date moved 3 times. The lap-band surgery ended up being great timing becauase my weight drop was stalled but I figure this clear liquid diet will get the scale moving again! Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!

Hey , I was banded 2 9 9 I am to having alot of gas pressure when I swallow but it's getting better. You will meet alot of nice people here with alot of good advice from experience. I wish you continued success. bjt:thumbup:

My gas is much better. Lastnight I got realy hungery for the first time. I have been fine today. I go back to get my fill March 6th. I still have alot of gas but it's coming out instead of getting stuck. I will be one week post-op tomorrow.

Nancy were did u get banded. I went to Mexico and had a great experience. It was also my first time flying and I enjoyed that too. I'm going back for my fills. I have a doctor for fills but I liked Mexico alot so I'll be going back. It's cheaper for me to go back to mexico too. I got a round trip for under $200 and the fill doctor here charge $250 for a fill. My fill there are free for life.

Can someone tell me how to put all my weight info on here.

Peaches

Hi Peaches,

I got my band at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego. I'm glad you had a good experience in Mexcio. Fortunately, my insurance paid for everything....although they won't pay for the fills.

Tomorrow is my 2 week anniversary. I feel really good now..most of my energy is back and I've been going to the gym before work.

It took me a week to see how to reply to this so I probably am not the best technical advisor on how to add the ticker. Here is a site I went to that explained how to add the ticker: How to Put a TickerFactory.com Ticker in Your Post - Help Using the Forums - Forum Business - All Members Must Read the Brief Membership Instructions and Posting Guidelines - Diet & Weight Loss Forums

Good luck and hope you are continuing to do well!

Nan