Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quiet group here, how is everyone?

Hey Gingerbug,

Wow, 1 pound from goal! Congrats!

I've been on a plateau for a few months now, been fighting with a too tight band. I go for my second slight unfill this Friday.

I joined WW over the weekend and am excited about that. I got DH, my brother, and a girlfriend to join with me. My girlfriend is considering LapBand so I'm excited about that.

I finally started exercising. I started the Couch to 5K last week. Tonight I'm doing Week2 Day1. I'm signed up for two 5K races in May!

Did you have any plateau's and if so, how did you break out of them?

Hey Gingerbug,

Wow, 1 pound from goal! Congrats!

I've been on a plateau for a few months now, been fighting with a too tight band. I go for my second slight unfill this Friday.

I joined WW over the weekend and am excited about that. I got DH, my brother, and a girlfriend to join with me. My girlfriend is considering LapBand so I'm excited about that.

I finally started exercising. I started the Couch to 5K last week. Tonight I'm doing Week2 Day1. I'm signed up for two 5K races in May!

Did you have any plateau's and if so, how did you break out of them?

I started couch to 5 k last week, too! Wednesday I start week 2!! I broke my plateau's gradually, I just kept on it and eventually the scale budged. Lots of times they were due to too much sodium or TOM issues. Once I get that last pound down I plan to up my goal anouther 10 pounds. I made my initial goal of 190 now I am just taking it in 10 pound increments as I make my way to the 160's!

That's fantastic! I started the Couch to 5K on Wed last week also, but my OCD caused me to want to start week 2 on a Monday so I ran yesterday in order to finish week 1. LOL I'll be running M-W-F.

Keep me posted on how you're doing on that!

That's fantastic! I started the Couch to 5K on Wed last week also, but my OCD caused me to want to start week 2 on a Monday so I ran yesterday in order to finish week 1. LOL I'll be running M-W-F.

Keep me posted on how you're doing on that!

LMAO, I am a bit of a dork like that,, too!! I am in dallas till tomorrow and it is stressing me out to not have access to a treadmill till wednesday. How will I catch up by next monday!!??

I didn't even realize there was a place specific to us Jan 08 people.

I'm doing great, and I have two days to go until my first fill.

Your right about sodium, I don't normally pay any attention to it, but when I went to weigh myself the other day I had a sudden jump in weight. I know it isn't the amount of calories, so it has to be Water retention.

I keep complaining to my dw about being stuck at the same weight forever, but in reality i have lost 10 pounds since December 1st.

Starting at the beginning of the year I have been making a big push in the Gym. Not just cardio, but fairly significant weight lifting. Although my weight has stayed relatively steady, I have lost 4 inches in my waist in just over a month.

Kinda dorky of me, but now I want everyone to feel my arms. I have developed pretty significant muscle development over the past month. If only the remaining fat on my arms would go away women could start swooming over my impressive physique. :crying:

I am still 40 pounds from goal and I get down sometimes because the scale is not moving. Also don't buy into the the concept of loosing fat and gaining muscle. I kinda know its true, but my typical self doubt keeps me from believing it.

B-Man, congrats on the 4 inches! I wish I had measured, I may have to start because the scale is giving me nothing.

Gingerbug, how goes the C25K? I did Week2Day2 last night. Kicked my butt good, but I got through it.

If only I could move the SCALE! Grrrrr!

B-Man, congrats on the 4 inches! I wish I had measured, I may have to start because the scale is giving me nothing.

Gingerbug, how goes the C25K? I did Week2Day2 last night. Kicked my butt good, but I got through it.

If only I could move the SCALE! Grrrrr!

It is getting easier, I am doing W2D2 today and I am hoping it goes as smooth as yesterday! My scale is not budging, either. sigh.

I work with a lady who is a personal trainer and she told me this morning that I need to do weight training if I want to lose weight. I told her I was too tired between work and C25K and she insists I won't start losing until I incorporate some weight trianing.

Right now, I think it would overwhelm me. Guess I'll have to come up with a plan....

I work with a lady who is a personal trainer and she told me this morning that I need to do weight training if I want to lose weight. I told her I was too tired between work and C25K and she insists I won't start losing until I incorporate some weight trianing.

Right now, I think it would overwhelm me. Guess I'll have to come up with a plan....

I started lifting free weights a few days ago, my YMCA has a 'women on weights' class that I go to for 4 weeks to learn what to do.

I know the arguments against lifting weights. I don't want to bulk up, or I just want to tone. Well of course being a guy I have maybe a skewed opinion on the matter, but just remember the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn.

The other thing I want to mention is how much a difference in my overall body composition lifting has made. Its clear which areas I focus on, and which areas need attention, and the self confidence it has given me is absolutely fantastic.

I now have two motivating factors to reaching my goal weight.

1. Just accomplishing what I thought was the impossible and

2. The work I have done developing muscle will finally show, instead of being covered up by fat.

I can tell you for me there is nothing more frustrating than to know I have a rockin build being covered up by a bunch of fat. :biggrin:

I know the arguments against lifting weights. I don't want to bulk up, or I just want to tone. Well of course being a guy I have maybe a skewed opinion on the matter, but just remember the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn.

The other thing I want to mention is how much a difference in my overall body composition lifting has made. Its clear which areas I focus on, and which areas need attention, and the self confidence it has given me is absolutely fantastic.

I now have two motivating factors to reaching my goal weight.

1. Just accomplishing what I thought was the impossible and

2. The work I have done developing muscle will finally show, instead of being covered up by fat.

I can tell you for me there is nothing more frustrating than to know I have a rockin build being covered up by a bunch of fat. :biggrin:

as a woman, I lack the testosterone necessary to bulk up so I am good there. I keep up the cardio to get rid of those annoying fat pockets and what I cannot get rid of with cardio I will happily have sucked out! I love lifting weights!

Gingerbug, thanks for starting this thread. It is so slow in this area, I forget to check in from time to time.

I started off doing aerobics after banding and left the toning/lifting out of it.

When I finally added it in at the beginnign of last summer, that is when I noticed my body really started changing and I could eat more and still lose. It definitely makes a difference. Even 20 minutes of moderate weight training can make a big impact. It also raises your resting metabolism so even when you sleep you are burning more calories . . . definitely worth it. I am pretty sure that is what got me the last little bit to goal.

Also changing up the diet and exercise routine along with weight training is what helped me get beyond plateaus. I have been on a plateau for a while now, but since I am pregnant, I am not attempting to lose anymore until post baby.

All and all, I feel great and healthier than ever. The band has definitely given me my life back and I couldn't be happier :0)

I have been really busy with work, and then took a much needed vacation.

I am down now 85 pounds, and getting into a size 16. I have started weight training, in addition to my walking and pilates. I see that I will probably have to do a lower body lift, especially with my legs if nothing else.

The pilates have tightened up my midsection incredibly well. My arms, well, I think I will have to live with them because all the research on that surgery is not too positive.

My primary care doc says lose another 75, my surgeon says no more than 50 more. Me? I will be happy to lose the next 15 to get to 100 pounds down, and then see what happens.