Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The waiting...

I started thoroughly investigating the band online, in early January. On January 19th, I went to the Information Evening. The next day I called to book my consult .. that was 2 weeks later (quite possibly the longest 2 weeks of my life lol). I had wanted to get the surgery before my parent's left in mid March, so my DH wouldn't be home alone taking care of us girls lol.

My surgeon was great when I explained the situation to him and moved some things around to get me in for surgery on March 4th. Had to rush through the tests and the sleep study, but I made it.

To me, it's kind of like when you know you're going on a big vacation - you feel like the day will never get there. But looking back afterwards, it really didn't take that long.

You'll be starting your new life very soon. Try not to stress too much in the meantime. You'll do fine ;)

Oh, I know, its awful isnt it? I have been waiting for my first consult - cant believe I cancelled TWO appointments due to nerves over a month ago and could have been well down the path by now! Its tomorrow! I'm nervous nervous nervous because I dont know if I'll be heavy enough to qualify, i'm JUST a BMI 35 and healthy as anything. Dratted good health, lol!

I'm in the mood seriously to be making some good changes to my life and my eating habits. I've learned lots from researching the band and want to put them into practice. But to be totally honesty I could not afford to lose any weight before I saw a surgeon. I didnt gain on purpose but I couldnt lose more than a couple of kgs, which I did. That's frustrating me too. Three or four entire months I could have been working away, I so dont want another fat summer! But its going to be, sigh.

Then it'll be a wait for surgery if its on the cards for me. Surely I can lose in that time? It wont matter if I've lost 6 or 7kg by the time of surgery as long as I was fat enough on my first consult right?

Waiting waiting waiting!

Surely I can lose in that time? It wont matter if I've lost 6 or 7kg by the time of surgery as long as I was fat enough on my first consult right?

Waiting waiting waiting!

Someone asked that question at the Information Evening I went to and the surgeon said that no, it wouldn't matter. He said that because most people have tried weight loss plan after weight loss plan before the surgery and always gain it back (usually with more kgs added to it), that the few you had lost pre surgery would be no different.

Just put up a new tread about getting my approval today. I was shocked! They told me it would be 2-3 wks before hearing of approval, and Oct was the earliest for surgery. Then being told today they already had a surg. date for me, but it wasn't workable because of work at the office.

I have BC/BS (CareFirst) DC/MD/VA area. So, glad they changed and started approving folks for the lapband.

I'll keep you posted and will check new posts.