Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All I want is chocolate and comfort food at the moment....

So I had my unfill and I am feeling LOTS better, my appetite has returned and I can feel the need for that fill back to +2.5ccs (amazing what .5ccs can do!

But after a pretty horrific weekend in Victoria and reading/hearing about the horrific events that unfolded with the worst natural disaster (and in some cases not so natural:cursing:) to hit Australia. The urge to curl up on the couch with chocolate and follow what is happening to my state...whilst feeling helpless and lucky is pretty much what I did all weekend, well except for the chocolate, I've been pretty restrained.

Anyway for those who don't know Victoria erupted in bushfires on Saturday (which reached 46.4degC, I think around 118F with HORRIBLE winds and created fire conditions that were off the charts). There was a fire not far from me but THANKFULLY the local firefighters got it under control. Other areas of my state weren't so lucky. So Far 130 people have been killed though more people will follow, that is a given...(here is a newspaper Herald Sun Homepage | Victoria, National & Australian News | Herald Sun)

I know people who have lost their homes, friends, pets and others who are still facing threats from the fires still...

So please send positive vibes our nations way and thoughts and prayers for those who have lost so much.

Edited by Roheryn

Yes, I was sorry to hear about this tragedy on the local news this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone involved with this horrible situation.

Stay safe & Stay strong!

Edited by Jodi_620

Ro - The news of the fires are at the top of the news here in NY/NJ. Be safe. My prayers are with all those families that have been affected by this tragedy.

Gary

Ro~ Positive thoughts headed your way!

Ro I've been glued to the TV too - the footage has been heartbreaking. I have been in tears too many times to count over the last few days.

Bug hugs mate - I totally get wanting to camp in front of the TV with chocolate.

Edited by lellow

Ro, I have been horrified with the news of what's happening in your area. I'm so sorry.

We get some pretty bad ones here in California. Usually the firestorms we have don't take a lot of people, just land and buildings. DH is a fireman for the state so I worry about him when he's out.

This is a tough time and you need to be gentle with yourself. Good for you for not dogging in to the chocolate (tho I'd be tempted too). It's the stopping that I'd have problems with.

I am so glad you're feeling better with your unfill. I've been dickering with the idea of getting one too. I'm going to wait til I feel better tho to decide. I've got a bad cold right now and I think that's actually my problem.

Hang in there. Lots of hugs and prayers to you. Stay safe!

Its so awful isnt it? We had fires streets away (our washing ont he clothes line got burned) and we're in the suburbs! we had the cars packed, ready to flee but the wind changed, which was fortunate for us, but was what caused the fires to really take off.

And sadly today we've had news that family friends have lost their home. Its awful, their daughter bought the maze and tea rooms business in Healesville and they sold their home to put money into her business and have just moved from Blackburn to Healesville to be nearer to help her out. Their new home has burned, and we're just praying that the maze doesnt burn because the business will be ruined if it does. Poor girl, her second son has just been diagnosed with Tourettes syndrome and her fourth child was stillborn a few months ago.

I resolve to stop complaining, bitching and moaning about living in Narre Warren and not being able to afford Camberwell. I've got nothing to worry about compared to some.

My son went off to school today with his whole months' pocket money to donate to a school effort and I'm donating blood this afternoon.

I called about donating blood, but because I am having blood collected for my surgery in April, I can't donate. I have a few bags of clothes packed up to drop off at the collection point at work though, and we've made a donation through red cross.

I want to do more, but don't know where to start.

Hey heartfire...that cold is most likely causing an increase in restriction so I'd wait until you get rid of it (provided you aren't too restricted)....I had the same problem weeks ago when I had a cold!

Hey Jachut...the Narre Warren fire hey??? All cause an idiot used an angle grinder on a day of total fire ban....glad you were ok. I am really sorry to hear about your friends home :smile:

I was a little worried about the Upper FTG fire that started Sat night, I thought the whole Dandenongs were about to go up and if they had....I don't even want to think about it.

I will be donating blood as soon as I get over this bloody illness I picked up on the weekend!

I figure they'll need it long term anyway!

I am also worried about Thompsons Dam and our drinking Water Jachut....(Fire threating Water, gas supplies in Victoria | Herald Sun) Scary!!

Hey heartfire...that cold is most likely causing an increase in restriction so I'd wait until you get rid of it (provided you aren't too restricted)....I had the same problem weeks ago when I had a cold!

Thanks! That's kind of what I was thinking too. I decided to wait. I can get things down, I just have to be very careful and the mornings are the hardest. AND the more congested I am, the tighter I've noticed I am. If I take my med, once I start clearing some, I loosen up some.

I hope your Water supply is okay! I can't believe that idiot with the grinder. We get the idiot ones all the time too. It's the intentional ones that are the worst tho. They are intentionally trying to hurt people.

Please stay safe!

Heartfire I am now there with you having got a kickass cold/flu/virus/whatever the hell it is ....started losing my voice tonight, very husky and that unfill I had that left me open to begin with has now been tightened!!! ARRGHHH!!!

And I coughed tonight so much I vomited! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I'll be trying not to do that again anytime soon!

As for the fires....there are a few that were deliberately lit....and these caused the deaths of a lot of people (Fire fury as man charged | Herald Sun). They were even reporting that they thought the arsonists were going back a relighting fires....reprehensible!

Kind of an eerie day in Melbourne today as the wind changed direction and all the smoke started to come towards the city and outer eastern suburbs, as I sit here typing, I can smell the smoke quite strongly (even through my blocked nose, etc). The moon also is what is referred to as a Bushfire moon, it is really red!!

l_187fce247ffd47978667486b8f67d7b7.jpg

Edited by Roheryn

Oh I am so sorry to have seen and read about all those awful fires I am glad they arrested someone for one of them.

I pray and hope that everyone else will be safe, it's a horrible thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your R. Take care and God Bless.

Hey a little dark chocolate is good for you my NP says.

But just a little.

Oh Ro! I'm so sorry you're sick now too. Thank goodness you got an unfill! Go get some cough suppressant! You don't want to be coughing that hard anymore!

I know that the cause of the beautiful sunsets and moon are horrible but they really do produce beautiful results! That pic is cool looking.

I'm glad they caught one person. They'd better guard him well tho! I can't understand the people that intentionally set these fires, killing a lot of people and damaging so much property and then to go back and re-light them????!!!!! I just don't get it!

Take care of yourself! Feel better soon!

Not coughing so much anymore....but I've got Larangytis and upper respiratory infection so I can't talk!!

Oh well.

But I had to go to a different doc as I couldn't get in at mine....I asked for antibiotic that would go down easier due to lap band and then proceeded to be lectured on my choice in lap band and not to eat around band etc...

I was like F*** Off!! I didn't come for a freaking lecture!! I didn't make this choice on a whim. You don't even know me so don't lump me into your generalisation that all fat people eat crappy foods at every opportunity and won't be able to stop eating junk at every opportunity even with a lap band!! For Crying Out Loud!! But as I couldn't talk I just glared at her and whispered when I could, I didn't do this on a whim and I am not an idiot!!

Edited by Roheryn