Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you know that they will be doing a similar procedure with no incisions soon?

My doc talked about a procedure where they go down your throat. I just watched a video of it at www.satietyinc.com.

That's amazing. I believe my doc has performed this surgery but it's still in trials as of now. Can you imagine? I was amazed. Not much more invasive than getting my endiscope for my stomach that I've had to get a few times.

I just have to say to everyone in the St. Louis area that my doc is fantastic. Dr. Scott - I'm one week out - feel fantastic and I will barely have a scar. One incision and it looks perfect.

Thank you for sharing. I just watched the video. The big plus is that there are no incisions, the drawback (when compared to Lapband) is that there is no adjustments available.

I am guessing it is reversible? Not sure. Also, I would worry more about stretching the pouch (like bypass folks can)

Very interesting though!

Fascinating! It looks though as it it would feel and function like a lapband - but without slippage or erosion, which would be a bonus. But I guess instead of that there's stretching and staple problems?

Unfortunately for those with bands that were converting - youd still need your incisions openened again to remove the band, lol. That is what would piss me off the most, my tummy finally looks good and normal and I'd have new cuts. I really need a low profile port, you can now see my port through clothes but I dont want a new cut!

Quote "Also, I would worry more about stretching the pouch (like bypass folks can)"

I watched a special where a surgeon showed how they can now repair a badly streched pouch endoscopically. They basically remove a section and pull it tighter, creating a smaller pouch.

It doesn't look at though that would give the feeling of being full, as the lap band and gastric bypass does. Also, I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed kind of weird how they were stapling the inside of the stomach together.

I'm going to sneak in a question about it each time I see my doctor. He (along with his partner) invented this procedure. I didn't think about the stretching thing. I asked a couple questions today at my post op appt. and he said it is in trials in the US (they did many outside the US first)- they have done a couple at Wash U in St. Louis. My doc is not involved in the trials because it is "his" procedure and that's not allowed. It looks like if everything goes well here that it may be available in a couple of years.

I have heard of this procedure on the Discovery Channel, but it was not for banding. I believe it is in the trial stages.