Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site and would like to introduce myself. My name is Kathy and I live in ND. I was banded 1/20/09 and at my 1 week post-op I had lost 20 lbs:thumbup:

I will have my first fill on Feb. 20th and I think I really need it. I feel I am eating more than I should be able to. I really want this to work and deep down I know I can:redface: I just feel frustrated at times....Best of luck to everyone.

Hi Kathy,

I'm a Jan 20 bander too, and wanted to welcome you! My one week post op was 18 pounds (since the start of the 2 week preop diet), I was so thrilled. How are you doing with the graduation to mushies this week?

Nancy

Ithaca, NY

Hi Kathy,

Thing are going well here as long as I don't twist too much at night (if I do, I get pain still near some of the incisions). I don't feel hungry, even though my stomach growls and makes a lot of noise here and there, it doesn't hurt like hunger...which seems weird. I try to only eat the amount that fits in a baby bowl (I bought some Gerber bowls that have tops, and put my lunch in them).

I still drink 2 Protein drinks a day, and have 1 egg scrambled with some cheese on top each morning, then some pureed meat with mashed potato (sweet or regular) whatever fits in the bowl. For supper I'm back to cooking for the family, and pureeing a bit of whatever I serve - we've had roasted chicken with sweet potato, chili dogs, and spaghetti with meat sauce (made with ground turkey). They've all tasted good, and I think I'm not eating too much, or at least I haven't felt uncomfortable like I did the first week when I had more than 1/2 small coffee mug of cream of chicken Soup.

My next appt. with the nutritionist is wed, so I'll find out (i have been keeping a food diary).

How are you doing??

Nancy

hi

kathy: Me and my husband were banded on the 17th we are doing good. He has lost a total of 36 pounds and I've lost a total of 32. We are exercising and eating healthier than we have ever eaten . This has to be the best decision we ever made. Wishing you good luck with yours.

I meet with my nutritionist on Wed also....that is a good idea about the bowls, I am going to have to do that. I have been mostly eating fish and carnation instant Breakfast and add Protein Powder to that. I like Tomato Soup so that is another thing I have been having. I drink a lot of Water or crystal light so I am getting all my fluids in for the day. I feel wonderful!! I had to laugh the other day though....I told my husband that I could finally put my foot on my knee and cut my toe nails without a struggle...I do have more energy...can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go walking outside. What do you do for exercise?

Hi Judy....it must be nice having your husband going thru this with you....Sounds like you have been doing really good, congratulations!!!! So what type of exercising do you do. I agree with you about the eating healthier than ever before....I was a big pop freak (MT Dew, not diet) I quit that before my surgery and have not even had any cravings for it...I said that this in a new year for a new me!!! Best of luck to you and your husband....Keep in touch...

Kathy

what i do for exercise is walk, we have a park that we take our shitzu to and she loves it. WE laugh at her because the first lap she has us jogging and the second lap she is like can we rest now. She is a little overweight so we try to get her as much exercise as we can. Yesterday for the first time i did the treadmil for 10 mintues and wasn't out of breath. It felt so good now I couldn't of done that before surgery. I'm like you i feel so much better.

Hi, I was banded on 1/19 and feeling great. I lost 12 pounds pre op diet and only 7 post op, so far. My appetite feels like before. I did 2 weeks post op Liquid Protein, 1 week mushies and now, regular food. I'm trying to make smart choices and feel like I'm doing fairly well, but the weight hasn't moved in a week. I don't get a fill until the 24th. I'm going to increase my exercise starting this week and hope to loose a little more. I don't feel any restriction as of now. I did the first 2 weeks or so, but not anymore. I'm trying to pay attention to when I'm full. I can't wait to feel that restriction again. Best of luck to all of you.

the funny thing about all this is whenever i go and see my mom and dad my mom is constantly feeling of my arms and legs. She told me the other day please don't get flabby like me. She held up her arm I told her oh yeah so when ever your hand stops waving your top arm won't still be waving. I used to play with the extra skin on my grandmother's upper arm and she told me to be careful it might swing back and hit me in the face. I'm just sopleased with the way I feel and the extra energy I have. I tell people the next time you see me i may be laying eggs or growing fins. We are eating alot of fish and chicken. I wouldn't change my descision for nothing now. Kathy keep up the good work an attitude that is what it is all about.

Wendy: Don't get discouraged everyone is different the first part of our weight is Water weight . If you stop and think we were mostly doing liquids now our bodies have to get used to us eating real food and more healthier foods, not the foods we used to eat. I keep rocking back and forth but i have to remeber to do the liquids and all. You are doing great keep up the good work and keep a good attitude going. You are soing great!!!!!