Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is beyond frustrating

So i am told that LB is not covered by my ins then im told that it is covered but there are stringent req. then im told that because my employer has choosen not to cover the procedure that it isnt covered. :cursing:i just got off the phone with uhc and they told me that my employer has choosen not to provide this coverage with their policy. i asked them to send my benefits coverage etc and they tell me that they can i have to get that from my employer that they arent even allowed to tell me what benefits i have:cursing:...yet they just told me that this is not a covered benefit..so i go to our hr person who really does nothing more than payroll and she tells me she doesnt even know who i am supposed to contact regarding our benefits and to go online to the website..myuhc.com which is a joke in case any of you have actually tried to get information from it other than you have the ins but it wont tell you what coverage you have.:confused:

so now i am done ranting...has anyone else been through this? Is there a way i can actually get an answer? Should i just give up and figure out a way to self pay? HELP! I'm going to loose my mind-but i guess that would be a weight loss right?

Have the HR person phone them while you are there. If she won't, go to the person above her. It's a benefit that your company provides; they should be glad to give you info.

So i am told that LB is not covered by my ins then im told that it is covered but there are stringent req. then im told that because my employer has choosen not to cover the procedure that it isnt covered. :cursing:i just got off the phone with uhc and they told me that my employer has choosen not to provide this coverage with their policy. i asked them to send my benefits coverage etc and they tell me that they can i have to get that from my employer that they arent even allowed to tell me what benefits i have:cursing:...yet they just told me that this is not a covered benefit..so i go to our hr person who really does nothing more than payroll and she tells me she doesnt even know who i am supposed to contact regarding our benefits and to go online to the website..myuhc.com which is a joke in case any of you have actually tried to get information from it other than you have the ins but it wont tell you what coverage you have.:cursing:

so now i am done ranting...has anyone else been through this? Is there a way i can actually get an answer? Should i just give up and figure out a way to self pay? HELP! I'm going to loose my mind-but i guess that would be a weight loss right?

groups can specialize their benefits so probably the ins does cover it under req but the group chose a specialized plan for your work that its an exclusion on. The ins was right in telling u to go back to your hr dept. She should have a clue as far as how to get that info. Is there a corporate office this all goes through? Tell the hr manager to either speak to corp or to call the ins and get in touch with the membership and billing rep assigned to their group to get you the booklets. She needs to have a clue about this and so many times I get calls on the same thing. so just have her call :) If you want to request your work to add wls as a covered item during next renewel, let main hr dept or corp know for them to consider it.

Yeah it all depends on what your particular employer decided to pay for under your benefits. UHC probably does cover it but not if your employer chooses not to provide it under their policy. Example: Two people could have the same insurance company like Blue Cross and one person may be able to have the surgery paid for and one may not because they work for different employers. A lot of employers choose to exclude weight loss surgery because it ups their rates.