Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill and painful trapped gas - anyone?

I had my second fill yesterday and it went fine. 30 minutes later I was in horrible pain in my abdomen. It felt like I had 30 pounds of air trapped in my stomach. Then began to feel sick to my stomach and needed to vomit (while I am driving in traffic in the rain :confused: After I spit up, sorry, gross, I felt better but the gas continued all night until I got home and took some gas X. Just wondering if anyone experienced something like this. I called the doctor and am waiting for them to call back. I feel great today.

Hey i had gas trapped for up to 5 days after the surgery and i felt exactly like you!!! I didn't know what was happening thought i had made the worst decision of my life... but i took crushed gravol and it made all my muscles and gas settle so that is what worked for me! Good Luck and glad to here there are others like me!!!

mgirl,

I also had a fill yesturday (my 4th) and have really bad gas, my stomach is still bloated and I have minor heartburn. This has never happened to me before so I figured my stomach just needs time to calm down.

I did take 2 rolaids this morning and feel pretty good now.

I know for a fact that I am not too tight, I was at 7.4 cc and had to be unfilled to 6.6 around xmas. I went back up to 6.9 which I think is a perfect fill amount.

I had my second fill two weeks ago. I was fine for 5 days, and then I started getting really bad gas pains! At first I thought it was a bug... but it lasted more than 24hours. After about 2 days of on and off REALLY bad pain, I put a call in to my doctor. Of course, before the doctor called me back, I began to feel better! Actually what happened is that I realized I was probably dehydrated, so I began to REALLY push Water. I think that helped. I had to call my doc back and tell him not to bother to call me back :confused: By the way I had NONE of this after my first fill.

So my advice is this: Really concentrate on getting the Water in. Also, when I was in the throes of the gas pains, I found that a heating pad worked wonders. Of course, knowing that others have had the same thing (and hence it's probably nothing serious) really helps too; the worst part of the whole thing was worrying that I was having some kind of weird serious complication.

Good luck!

It happens and usually goes away. A little gax-X or Rolaids usually does the trick for me. It doesn't usually take more than a day to feel normal again.

Hi DS36,

Is crushed gravol a suppository or a tablet? Where did you buy it?

Thanks!

I had my 1st fill 4 days ago and I still have so much trapped gas. I have been in so much pain from the gas. Very uncomfortable, GasX doesn't help.

I can eat and drink ok, I just hope the gas subsides soon!!

Hi Nikki,

I feel for ya! Post - op I had the worst stomach pains ever! What is hard is not everything works for everybody. I stocked up on Milk of Magnesia, and stool softners. I went back to my old reliable Miralax! Wa la, it worked! I am taking it in the AM and the bloat has gone down - with minimal gas for 3 days! This is after bloating since surgery - April 7th! So, get a couple of things and try them. I feel your pain!

I still get his pain but it is from eating too much. It hurts so badly. If I take gas-x right when it starts it does help. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was awful.

I know what you mean....I am Day #2 and will probably not have a fill after the normal month due to my port needing to heal more. So, I am trying to fight the fight. Overeating does produce more gas. So, now that I am feeling better, I have turkey chili with onions tonight! It was so good!

I still get his pain but it is from eating too much. It hurts so badly. If I take gas-x right when it starts it does help. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was awful.

If it only happens when you eat too much and not just from eating, then it is probably a good thing...sorry. If you are eating slowly, try to be more aware of when you are satisfied, not full. It sounds like being full is going to be a painful experience for you from now on.