Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have ZERO restriction now...

yesterday i had my first fill. my dr. put a a large amt in, asked me to drink a little Water, and it was stuck. he said that is what it feels like when it is too tight. then, he took out a bunch, i drank water again and it went down okay. so, he put a bandaide on it and poof! away i went.

today i feel like i have no restriction. i feel like had more before. geesh, i have lost 30 pounds and i feel dangerously hungry now like i could eat my way back to the starting point. will this change for me? do i call and ask for a little more? what do i do now? i feel like i have no lap band at all. scary. if someone knows, please drop me a note.... thanks.

I went in for a fill 2 days ago. She unfilled me to check and see how much I had in me and to check for leaks and things.

Then she added only a little more because I already had really good restriction. (I had lost 20 lbs since my last fill.)

Now I have NO restriction... none. zip. zero. zilch.

I called the office and she was like, you need to come in ASAP. So I will go in again next week. Hopefully I won't gain any weight this week. However, not having first bite syndrome has been nice!

Anyone know what could have happened? I'm thinking the saline just didn't get into my port?

I had the same happen -but there is always a little air in the syringe....that time there was 3/4cc....the doc emptied the air and added 1/2 cc more Fluid with what I had before.Any ninny can understand displacement...I actually was 1/4 cc less after the procedure.!!

and NO restriction.I called the next week and went in and He honestly talked down to me....."well what do you think happened-did it leak out"? and laughed.!!

I am 62 years old and am NOT a child-I knew what happened but obviously he

didn t .I asked for another associate to do my next fill.a month later and 2 #s heavier-I got a good 1/2 cc fill.and good restriction.

2 months later I needed another fill.I am 56#s down with 20 to go.So i am moving down slower...I was amazed I had lost 3 #s.I never weigh myself unless my clothes feel tighter~and always "whew" when I am the same or less.But I do trust the Band.!

This new Dr.(the last was out of town)had to stick me 6 times....and moved the needle around a lot.The Fluid was bloody when he finally got to it.And (LMAO)this was WITH fluoroscope.!I felt like punching him.He really hurt me.

I was supposed to have had 7.2cc in my 10 Band.He could only get 6.5cc....he added .7cc....I will have good restriction I hope-as I am on liquids again for 72 hrs.Of course my belly is sore and bruised.I have never had anyone put such force into a stick.I felt like it would go clean through me.I normally don t mind needles(I was a nurse)but I sure minded this one.!Thank you for letting me vent.......whew.

Oh on top of it all He told me we may have to consider that my band is faulty or leaking due to the fluid discrepancy~~I m sure it may be leaky after his Barbarian tactics....but they will pay to replace it if so.

Edited by JoJoBanana
addition

I flew and definitely felt more restriction before and after my flight. You should not eat for 2 hours before or after flying either.

I would say the day after my flights I had very light eating days, like only being able to eat a couple of bites at each meal!!

Little Froggy, I had the same exact thing happen to me last week. I went in for a fill even though I had some restriction. She pulled some of the Fluid out and said "you have plenty of fluid and then she added some more. I left and felt zero restriction. They did a upper gi this week. Said they see no slippage or erosion. Now he wants to do a scope next week and put contrast in the port to see if there is a leak. I was cash pay so I will have to pay for all of this. I am praying that this is just a freak thing. How are you doing now?