Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken Recipes for the Picky Eater

Hey all!

I was hoping for a helping hand in some chicken receipes. I am super picky but do want to try new things! I also like trukey. Anything you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all!

I was hoping for a helping hand in some chicken receipes. I am super picky but do want to try new things! I also like trukey. Anything you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

Ok you say your picky ? What makes you picky ? what kind of things / foods do you like ? That might help ?

Mindy

Ok you say your picky ? What makes you picky ? what kind of things / foods do you like ? That might help ?

Mindy

I'm just looking for simple receipe with not too many ingredients. If I listed all the things I didn't like you'd be reading forever!!!!!! lol I will try new things and re try things I havent liked before I am just looking for some idea! I am running out.

One of mine and my families favorite chicken recipes is to throw some chicken breasts in the crockpot, still frozen. Then I add in a can of low-fat cream of chicken Soup, low-fat cream of mushroom soup and low-fat cheddar cheese soup. I let it cook for eight hours. It is simple and delicious. My family loves to use the soup combination to pour over mashed potatoes as it really makes a tasty gravy.

Susan I like that recipe too.

one of my favorite places to get recipes is those little recipe booklets in the check out lines at the grocery stores.

They are usually quick, fast and easy . also i found this site the other day and she has a TON OF band friendly recipes.

theworldaccordingtoeggface

Also i like this site , here is their quick and healthy chicken section

Quick and Healthy chicken Recipes and Tips - Eating Well

Sometimes you have to just try these recipes see if you like then , like the ingredients and go from there.

HTH

Mindy

My favorite thing right now is: Use those frozen chicken breasts in the bag, they have lots of added Fluid, when cooked they stay very moist. I put two frozen chicken breasts on the pan of my toaster oven and cover with foil. 20-25min at 350. They are wonderfully moist because they've been steamed under the foil. Shred the chicken a little in a bowl and put some of your favorite barbeque sauce on them. I put this on half of a well toasted whole grain english muffin with a sprinkle of sharp chedder reduced fat cheese. Back into the toaster oven or micro to get all warm and gooey. Pair with some veggies, cooked or fresh and you've got a very well balanced meal. Lovely lunch or dinner. I'll eat the chicken cold too. It lasts me for several days of quick lunches.

well i'm a fan of homemade quesadillas and i was thinking about trying a new thing when i'm on phase 4 diet.

grill one chicken breast.

shred it then put some taco seasonings and Water in a pan -use the packets directions- cook for 5 minutes.

then drain some of the sauce off the chicken then plate it.

If you like black olives sprinkle a few on top of the chicken.

Sprinkle some low fat colby/jack blend or your favorite cheese on top of the chicken.

If you like low fat sour cream then put a dab on your plate and just stick the prongs of your fork into it and take a bite instead of smothering it.

Voila no tortilla chicken quesadillas.

Edited by Kharadriisa