Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pcp Balking on Surgery Clearance

Well only thing holding me back is getting pcp surgery clearance. called last Friday they said they'd get it faxed in then they called me monday saying they are faxing it on. Surgeon's office never got it.

Today Thursday trying to find out why they haven't sent it then they send in some kind of progress thing no one knows why. Then they call me saying the surgeon's office has been calling them and said they aren't gonna send it. Saying the FNP that i see since my normal pcp is to busy to see me doesn't feel "comfortable" with this. She's the one i've been seeing all this time and the one who referred me for surgery even though she didn't think surgery is an option. So now i have to go back to my normal pcp tomorrow -wow he has time- and see if he'll send it in. He's only see me once I somehow doubt that he'll do it since the woman that's seen me for 2 years doesn't feel comfortable. They want me to consider other options they said.

This is the same FNP who laughed in my face and accused me of faking sleep apnea during a sleep study while ASLEEP! I am gonna have to switch pcp's i think and wait until I can find a doctor that's "Comfortable" with lap band surgery.

Side note the FNP told the surgeon's office that I never once mentioned needing a surgery clearance letter. BULL! That's why she was laughing at me because I told her i needed one for surgery then she asked me what surgery I was having then she started laughing and saying that people would do anything even fake sleep apnea to get this surgery.

It is concerning when medical professionals laugh at patients who have serious medical issues. I know it is frustrating and you have come so far, but can you change your PC doctor? Is there a doctor available in your area who is more accepting of WLS and would send the referral out?

I am gonna have to do some researching. Willing to give them a chance tomorrow at 3 pm. I am gonna have to go in early so that my son's dad can be at home to get the kids off the bus tomorrow just so that i can be humiliated again. Hopefully this time things will be more clear. He's my normal pcp, but when I have to wait a month to see him normally i just stuck with his FNP, but no more. I will never go back to her after the way I was treated. If he clears me for surgery then fine, but if not I will not go back. There is no reason not to. My heart is fine. Everything is fine but the sleep apnea which will not just clear up without weight loss.

Well i was ready for a fight, but what I got was a hot doctor and anxiety :confused: He pretty much talked to me for a while and said he doesn't see any reason to hold me back. I do have to get my thyroid checked and tested for Diabetes. Gotta do bloodwork monday. Nothing like monday and getting stuck with needles to start out the week.

Hopefully things will come out ok and I can finally get this surgery.

Well found out Thursday no diabetes or thyroid issues. But my potassium is too high. Gotta get rechecked this thursday to make sure it wasn't a lab error. Hoping it was. I don't need anymore things holding me back :/ So hopefully i'll get my medical clearance sometime soon.

Well found out Thursday no diabetes or thyroid issues. But my potassium is too high. Gotta get rechecked this thursday to make sure it wasn't a lab error. Hoping it was. I don't need anymore things holding me back :/ So hopefully i'll get my medical clearance sometime soon.

Glad you were able to get another doctor in the practice to help you out. That seems ridiculous that the FNP didn't want you to get it, the NP isn't the one who has to stay overweight if you don't have surgery.

When I talked to the doctor he mentioned that she didn't "feel comfortable" in doing the medical clearance. I mean heck you ask questions send me for blood work and i'm out. Who knows.

Gotta go back in 10 weeks as long as my blood work is normal this time if not he'd better get me in asap. I'm tired of waiting. The surgeon's office said that i've been waiting over a year for them to get credited at hospital and all these tests. The only good thing that's come out of all this is that I finally know I have sleep apnea. I don't like having it, but ignorance isn't healthy.