Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded Feb 3, 2009

just hang in there how long r u on liquids it seems that everyone has a differnet time frame. i am on liquids for 3-4 weeks...hope i survive. i am in bandster hell...lol but it is all worth it i hope!!!

yes, 5 weeks and I am down around 23 lbs. lost and I am happy to say that I never experienced the "bandster heXX" I did however, have a very upsetting experience on Monday. I found out that I can not eat smoked turkey. It got hung and lasted about 4 hours. I slimed, puked, slimed some more, pucked, and finally read somewhere that the mentioned drinking something fizzy so I drank two mouthfuls of mountain dew and it finally went down. Of course, I was feeling weary after that from all the comotion. I am drinking more Soup again, scrambled eggs, and fish and sugar free popsicles.

I know I can't believe it's been 5 weeks! Been doing great- down 21lbs. No sliming or PB thank goodness. I MISS diet coke more than anything but know it's best for me now that I am off the soda. The only think I have to complain about is some bad bad pain in my upper back the last 3 nights; Dr. sending me for an upper GI to rule out a slip. I have been so paranoid about sex and bending down, etc. I mean it is so hard not to start doing more when you feel good, you know? I try not bend but I do anyway; something falls on the floor you have to pick it up, no?

Hopefully everything is ok in the meantime, it's so much fun to shop in my own closet and see things actually fit!

hi feb banders! i was five weeks out yesterday and i get my first fill this friday. i am in banders hell,hungry alot of the time. but i have kept my cal less than 1200 per day.when i went back at three weeks, i was down 21 pounds. i am not getting on a scale, in fact, i sent to ohio state with my daughter. i am going back to my "aqua boot camp" for the first time since surgery. it is a tough class so i hope i survive! keep in touch,peggy

Congratulations to MiFive, muttilein, Chicky abby and peggyn! You're all doing great!!

My scale is cheap and unreliable, so I'm not exactly sure how much I've lost, but I think it is somewhere around 18 to 20 pounds. On Monday I have a check in with my surgeon (first one since surgery) and then to the bariatric center for a fill. The two offices share the same building, so it is pretty convenient. I'll get my 'official' weight on that day!

I've had a 'touch' of bandster hell, but nothing too terrible. Yes, I do get hungry when I haven't eaten, but I'm careful about food choices and have kept calorie intake to about 1200 daily. Using the food tracker on Sparkpeople has been a tremendous help- I don't think I would have been as successful without it, as it allows me to see not only calories, but fat, Protein and Fiber intake too. Very helpful. I also use Sparkpeople to track my exercise; I'm making time for my treadmill and shoot for burning at least 200 calories per 30-35 minute session.

I've definitely noticed that I can eat much larger quantities of food than I could a few weeks ago- here again it helps to be choosing the right foods to eat!

I am also amazed at how great I feel, especially when I think back to how sore and creaky I was for the first week after surgery! My incisions are almost completely healed, two of them almost invisible, and I have hardly any surgery or port-related discomfort at all.

Thanks to everyone who has posted updates! Not only is it fun to see how my fellow 'Feb 03" bandsters are doing, but I know these posts are helpful to folks who are researching their own lapband journeys.

Keep up the good work!!

o.

i had my band since Feb 2 and already lost 28 lbs total.

I seem to bleech alot after meals at time. Does anyone get this? i' eating tuna, cleam spanish, eggs, lamb,..etc no pains or other problems. seing dr on mar 25

We are coming up on a 3 month anniversary. How is everyone doing? I have been wondering where my port is. I can feel it above my biggest incision when standing up, but then I dont feel it if I am laying down. I got my first fill and the needle prick was below my incision. I am just wondering why the port moves. I have also had more than my share of PB and slimming. I am being made more aware of the way I eat. I go back next week for another checkup.

well i was banded on 2/4 and since the band i have only lost 20 pds. i had 2 fills and one of them was just today so now i have 5.5 ccin my band so when i am able to eat again on friday i will c if it is tight enough. hopefully it is. anyway i am somewhat discouraged at the slow weight loss, but we will c what happens. good ,luck 2 everyone, i wish you the best of luck!!!

I had my second fill this week, on the 21s, and now have 5cc's in my 10 cc band.

Since starting pre-op diet two weeks before my 02/03 surgery date, I am down 36 pounds and two sizes. 50 more pounds to go!

Fortunately I have had NO episodes of PB'ing, sliming, or vomiting. I am careful about food choices, and chewing! I feel great and I'm having a great deal of fun digging out old 'too small' clothes and discovering they're too big!

Congratulations to all my fellow February 3rds!

I wish you all the best and hope you are enjoying your own successes too.

smile,

o. :(