Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get my act together

Ok, I had been doing so well and now I have hit the brick wall. I know this is my fault and not the fault of the band. I just cannot seem to get things started again.

I am at least maintaining my weight, but I need to lose another 30-40 lbs. I have only lost 1 lb since my fill about a month ago. I do not go back for another fill until April. To be honest, I don't need a fill I need a lobotomy!

I eat way too much, that is the bottom line. I used to write down everything I ate because it always less than 1100 calories. Now I am eating probably 1400-1500 which is way too much for me in order to lose. I am not hungry but still eat. I never PB if I eat too much and the only difficulty I have right now is I will get a pain in my left shoulder if I eat too fast/too much.

I have been working out 3 times a week which has saved me so far, but that will not last. I just want to get back into the grove.

Any suggestions? Any books to read? I don't want to go back to what I was after all this hard work.

Thanks!

Good for you for continuing your workouts! That's half the battle!

I have no suggestions since I'm new to this lapband world... Haven't even gotten my band yet. But I applaud you for identifying you need to get back on track!!

You go girl! 60+ pounds since August is AWESOME!

Well, maybe another fill is in order (a month is not too soon).

I know between my second and third fill, I had the exact same situation - I could eat anything after the second. After the third, I hit a sweet spot, and now after 4, I am just feeling so good - real restriction.

So while it is true, if the band doesn't work, we need to check ourselves first, give the band a check - it sounds like another fill might get you back on track.

Gilta - I am also experiencing the same issues. Starting right before the holidays I started to eat and drink a little more. I am still exercising on the treadmill 6 days a week and sit ups. I feel great but the weight loss stopped..

I'm stuck at 48lbs. I treat myself to a little ice cream and a few glasses of wine on the weekends which stops the weight loss. A week of hard work and exercise wasted. I know that I need to stop the weekend treats to start losing again. I get a fill Feb 20th. I'm at 3ccs. I will get another 1cc to tighten up more.

Hang in there. let's re-dedicate ourselves...

It is really simple.... discipline, hard work and exercise.... ha....

Gary

Gilta~ I agree with Steve, maybe you need to schedule a fill a little sooner. I don't know if it is a driving situation or not, but sounds like that might give you a bit more restriction and help you get back on track.

Can you go back to tracking your food? I know that when I get away from that piece, little bites here and little bites there always seem to sneak their way into my mouth. Do you track online or on paper? I usually track online, but sometimes I just can't get to it. So I bought a small purse calendar that is dedicated to my exercise and food, that way I have no excuses!

Also, you might want to start measuring again. I think we are all at the half way point, feeling a bit to comfortable and just need those reminders of what we are eating.

I know you can get back on track, you have come this far, it is time to refocus and get to it!

Hi All,

I have been told by my MD that he does not think a fill will help. He does my fills under fluro and said that he filled me the "max" he felt comfortable the last time so he wants to hold off until April before trying again.

I have to agree with him. I am happy I have not PB'd and I do not have physical hunger, it is all mental at this point.

I did take the suggestion to start measuring again and writing it all down. I know that my portion sizes have increased. I also bought snack bags to put bandster size portions together so I can quickly grab them.

I also bought the book, Beck Diet that I heard is a psychological approach to eating. I will let you know if it is any good or not.

Thanks for the support and lets hope next week I can finally say I lost weight!

I wish I could help--- I have had two fills and am still hungry - am waiting for the sweet spot--- you have lost weight and I think you will continue --- you'll see

I feel your pain.....

I basically lost weight in the first 10-12 weeks quickly i was so dilligent. now since then for the past 3 months i go up 5lbs i lose 5lbs i put it on i take it off. why cant i just keep going with this. I should be nearly or be at goal weight by now, i still keep sabbotaging my self. I just dont know what to do. I am a great freind. And am kind to others. why cant i give my self the same as i give every one else........