Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February: 1 mth till 2yr Bandiversary

Hi all thought i would start a new thread for us...

I hope everyone is sticking to thier new years resolutions.. and thier band rules.. if not its ok lets get back on track.. So how is everyone doing this month?:tongue:

Happy Valentines to Everyone, in case I'm not able to log in about that time.

I'm still finding new ways to get to my weight goal. The lastest is the Fat Smash Diet. I'm on Phase II which I get to introduce meat back into my diet. I haven't yet for I'm trying to see how long I can hold out on just eating veggies and carbs and legumes. I did lose 6 pound during the first phase.

I also took my first Swing Dance class Monday. I think adding this to my exercise routine will get me to my weight goal next month. Now that I'm so close to it I almost seem obsessed with doing what it takes to get there.

So, hope you're coming up with new ways to get you there. Trying new things to get closer to your weight goal for the Anniversy.

Hi Marchies.

Amazing we been at this for 23 months now.

I've not been on in a while. I hope everyone is well.

I'm having plastic surgery on April 6th. For a little while I struggled with finding/spending the money for this when financial times are so precarious. But through some innovative thinking and some serious belt tightening I created a solution.

So yeah, I'm calling Monday to get on the books and to get scheduled. It's the 6th. Gee wiz.

Hello All, just checking in to see what's new with anyone. I didn't have such a good week. I pretty much stayed within my diet, but went off when I had too many carbs this week. The family wanted mac & cheese Sunday but they didn't eat it much this week. So, guess who had some to eat every day? Knowing my weakness for carbs. So, I gained 8 lbs this week from it. I tried to portion it out before eating it, and had some every day.

So much for me.

Juli, I'm anxious for you as you are for yourself. You'll have two anniversies to Celebrate. Boy, two new lifestyle to enjoy.

Hi All, hope all is well with you and your family. Happy Valentines Day to you All.

Spent this weekend buying, preparing and cooking my meals for the week. I see now this is the best way to go for me. Not that I made bad food choices but my junk food cravings came back. And that mac & cheeses did me in. I had better control when I prepared my meals ahead of time. I really had a bad Sunday with Cookies and cakes. I'll admit it felt good but undid all that I had accomplished these last three weeks. One week undid all that by gaining a few pounds. I have to get better control of the Pasta and sweets. I'm okay with the rice but the Pasta does me in.

I'm not discouraged but so much want to meet my 175lbs goal next month. I know what to do to get back on track.

Hope to read good news from you.

Gwen,

Hang in there. We all struggle every day! You can do this, don't let one bad week, one bad day or even one bad hour determine your future. You have done so good and you know that. Have a great week. We all are here for anyone that need to say anything.

Carol

Hi All, I see I'm not the only one MIA. I've somewhat become busy in the evening that I don't remember to log on much less log in.

Haven't had too much success this week or the last few weeks. I'm not losing weight but I'm losing inches. I sometimes spend so much energy on the weight I forget about the inches. I'm in a size 16 pants. I think those whitepants of mine are a size 12. My daughter is a size 10 and they are too big on her. Boy, to think I was once that size.

Yesterday, someone asked me "what's next after I reach my goal weight?" I looked at her and said "I don't know." I really haven't thought that far ahead. I really don't know and it kind of scares me. I don't have a plan. Other than trying to maintain the goal weight, I don't know.

So I ask you, "what's next after you reach your goal weight."

w.

Hi All hope is well with you or things are getting better. In going through this new lifestyle journey, I'm still learning new things.

When I hit a plateau, I usually don't recongnize it until it's too late to break. When I lose potion control it's usually with something that wouldn't seem to matter much. This last week it was vegetable lasagna zucch & ylo squash. Of course loaded with ricotta, mozzrella and Pasta sauce. Since I thought my family would be eating it also, I didn't manage Portion Control much. Well, of course I gained back 8lbs within the last two weeks. Along with the junk food I ate. Like I said, I didn't pay attention to portion control. In addition to hitting a plateau.

Now that I've come to terms with this I'm back again on track. I just have a small portion of lasagna left so I'll be dividing that between lunch and dinner.

Also, those two Snacks you're suppose to add to your having 5 small meals a day. That didn't help much either. Although one was a fruit or salad and the other 1 or 2 ounces of something. I'm going back to my 3 meals and maybe 1 snack being a fruit or salad and call it a day. I did get to the gym 3x last week. That may of keep me from putting on more weight.

Well, so much for me. I'm on my way to the gym. The plan was to be at the gym a 6:30am, since it starting to get lighter in the mornings. Didn't. Will try to do better tomorrow, since I won't be going to bed at 2:00am.

Hope all is well with you and log some success or no success stories. Still learning.

Edited by Whitepants

Hi Gwen and everyone,

To answer your question what to do when you hit your goal weight?

I suppose my answer is live life and try to always control how I eat.

I see myself as having a chronic illness, like heart disease or diabetes. It's obesity, and while I might be symptom free, I'll always have the disease so I will always have to be on top of it. Or at least try to be on top of it.

I really do liken the band to someone getting a heart procedure done. Some see the light and change their behaviors for the rest of their lives. I want to be with that group. They exercise and eat like they want to live forever. They are taking advantage on the second chance life has given them.

That's me. I want to live a happy and joy filled life. Being in control of my food helps me do that.

Guess what my Surgery is Scheduled for March 13th!!! Yay!! i finally picked a plastic surgeon after visiting like 6 different ones and i love him he is great!!!

Im still waiting for a reply from my insurance company but oh well:crying:!!

Anyways i fugured this was a good time to have surgery because i have been at the same weight for 5mths and well truthfully i kinda of feel comfortable where im at .. except for the excess skin.. so it make sense..:rose: dont you agree??

Jeni,

Look at you!

I can't wait to hear all about your PS!

Are you getting anything done on with your chest? I see you are getting arms and legs done in June. How did you decide to do your stages when you've decided to do them.

Do you have a PS thread we should visit?

Jeni,

Look at you!

I can't wait to hear all about your PS!

Are you getting anything done on with your chest? I see you are getting arms and legs done in June. How did you decide to do your stages when you've decided to do them.

Do you have a PS thread we should visit?

Im actually not getting anything with my chest done yet.. maybe in a couple years...

My chest area was never that larger in the first place and i didnt really lose too much in that area so they are not to bad. They droop a little but nothing drastic...

the stages i scheduled because all of the plastic surgeons suggested them in the same stages and they seem to make sense... Take care of the biggest surgery first and then take care of the smaller areas... my arms aren't too horrible but still bother me and my thighs are only bad on the inner portion instead of the outer...

March 13th- Belt lipectomy with a brazillian butt lift which he isnt charging me for because im having so many procedures done with him

June 15th- Brachioplasty/Thighplasty with Lipo o top portion of the back...

Total Cost $25,000

I dont have a thread yet but i may put one up.. do you think i should?? and what should i include in there?

Edited by Jeni 85

I debated putting a thread out there but I'm happy I have. Just a little support has been nice.

I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be, but there's a woman who is having some of the same things done near to the same time as me. I'm making a new friend and that's always nice.

Yeah, I'm not getting my thighs done because my legs are skinny in relation to the rest of me. I had a breast reduction 6 years ago. I'm getting some stuff revised, but no implants. The irony of having them reduced only to get them enlarged was too much for me. And I don't want biggins.

Funny how we are so differently shaped.