Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one of those weeks? or falling of the band-wagon?

So a lil info....

got my band may 21st 2008 and have lost a total of 112lbs. I started out at 343 lbs. Almost a year from when i started with the program ( march 2008 started to diet for the needed weight loss before the band ).

Now the issue....

Im having a hard time staying on track with the right choices for food. Now its not everyday... but its much more often then I was before . I can recall about 3 bad choices this week so far. Im craving cheese , chocolate and pasta... ( It could be my week for my peroid soon ). Im also working 2 jobs now so I cant get into the gym 5 days a week now. Im trying to get into the gym on weekends but its hard when im so tired from 2 jobs.

So.... am I falling off the band-wagon or just having a hard time... Im so upset with myself and I just need some support I think. Anyone else been here? Where you give into some of ur cravings a lil too often? or cant hit the gym as much? I also think im stress eating due to a relationship from the past that might be coming back. Okay im rambling....

any advice?

~~Jessica

Hey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger!!!! I'm a few months behind you, but am having the same thing, especially today.. It's why I logged in now... I've had a piece of french toast with butter and Syrup and a piece of chocolate cake and a few almonds today... That's it..... the almonds I eat regularly for a Protein snack, but the rest is waaaaaaayyy out of my norm..... I don't eat bread at all these days.... sweets once in a while I have a bite or two...... So what's the deal???? I do think it's stress and a little boredom on my part... My mother had a very big surgery on Wed and lots going on with that... now she's home and things are winding down and I am just hanging out today.. Just finished cleaning my bathroom to have something to do... the cake is gone(thank goodness) so maybe the day won't be a complete disaster, but I still carry the guilt now.. Not a good thing... BUT.........it isn't the end of the world either.. I have been losing well and getting good reports from my medical people, so I'm going to count my blessings and move forward.. I'll bet you can do that, too... Yoy've done so very well and this little bump won't stop you... Good work and keep the faith.... your band wagon is still moving and you're still on it!!!! Your band friend, Julie

Maybe you need a fill? I think there are many people on here that would understand what you're going thru. And congrats on the weight loss! Last week I was making some bad choices, I even had chicken strips and a couple hot fudge sundaes (my weakness)!

But this week I'm back on track. I had a fill yesterday, and when I have good restriction, I just can't cheat.

Some things that help me with snacking and the sweets I love are the 100 calorie snack packs, weight watchers ice cream (in individual servings), and I don't keep bad food in my house. I absolutely do not buy that stuff at the grocery store. Cuz I know if I'm craving some chocolate at 11pm I'm more likely to go to my pantry than get out and drive somewhere to get it.

Just know you're not alone. Sounds like you've done great so far, and I know it's taken alot of hard work on your part. Keep your chin up!