Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

Well, one more week in the binder. Then I can go into any compressions garmet that I want too. He just like the results better when patients stay in the binder for a month. I am going to be a good girl and do what he says, even if it drives me nuts. Funny thing, on makemeheal forum, the ladies that had surgery the same time as I, all are haveing lots of problems with swelling. I dont know if maybe I am just lucky, or if it is the binder. Most of them went into compression garments after 2 weeks. What do you thing?

I went to PS yesterday, and then I had an appointment with the eye doc. I am getting so old.... I have to get glasses. I guess I am lucky to have not had to wear them until now. My wonderful DH reminded me that I am 45.... men can say the sweetest things sometime. I was so tired after all of that running around. Came home and layed on the couch. It will be interesting to see how next week goes.

I am going into the office today for a few minutes. A lady that I have worked with for while is leaving, and today is her last day. So, a trial run to work, and then full time Monday.

Take care all,

Laura

Laura, you are a good patient!!! Will your binder hold up for that long, LOL?? Sorry about your eyeglasses but you got an extra 5 years w/o them. I hope your first day of work goes well.

Mimi

Hi Laura:

I hope your first day back to work went well. Did you get any compliments on your new flat tummy?

Rest up - going to be a tiring week for you.

Take care.

Sue

Laura,

Hope you had a good day. Was it hard to work all day?

I finally did it. Called and scheduled my surgery. Nov 12th is the day. I was nervous making the call and almost backed out, thinking I shouldn't be spending that much on me. I started feeling like I wasn't going to get off these last 15 lbs. Then I sucked it up and said I can have that which I truly want and called. I've been listening to these CD's (self help) and we're supposed to tell ourselves that 2x day for rest of our lives.

Told hubby I scheduled and he said ok. I'll ask off. My mom said she'll come down and help me too. She's been very supportive. I told her of my hesitation and fears and she re-enforced this is right for me.

Hi, Laura, I too hope your day was great and not too tiring and full of compliments.

Skinnyjeans, YOU ARE WORTH IT and so am I. 10 more pounds and I am going to schedule mine!!!!

Mimi

Hey ALL,

OMG, the first day back at work was..... overwhelming. I was so tired by 3 pm. I drove home and went to the couch and layed there until 8 and then took a shower and went to bed. Today will be better, that is what I keep telling myself.

Skinny - YEA you have a date. And you are worth it!!! So glad you have the support of your mom.

Mimi - The last 10 lbs. Lets talk about that.... I went the the PS when I had 15lbs to go. He said it was not a bad thing to set the surgery up with 10 lbs to go. 1. you get excited when you have a date and it will motivate you to work harder to drop thoses last lbs, it did me. 2. they will be removing some skin, mine was 5lbs. 3. having the ugly skin removed will motivate you, and I have heard that having the belly skin and fat will help to rev up you metabalisim and the last few lbs will come off. So if I were you I would go ahead and do it....but you have to do what is right for you.

Sue - no comments on my tummy, there were a few comments that it looked like I had lost a few lbs. But, I did not tell anyone that I was having a TT. They just were told I was have some female surgery.

Take care all, back to work,

Laura

Laura, I am glad you made it through your first day back OK!!!!! I have a consult appt with a PS but it isn't until Sept 25th!!! Boy, they are booked ahead. I hope that means he is good!!! After I meet him I will decide which PS to go with, ot to use one for my arms and one for my boods and TT. Too many decisions!!! Plus I am starting Fraxel laser resurfacing on my face. Ppl at work keep asking who the new man in my life is. They don't believe I am doing it for ME, LOL!!!!

I hope today is good for you.

Mimi

Mimi - September 25th will be here before you know it. Funny how people are, they just don't understand that you can be doing something for just yourself. The Band, now that was just for me, and my TT also. I feel like it had to be just for me for it to be a success. I had to take all of the responsibility for it if it was just for me. The success or the failure, what ever it is.

I cannot believe that tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my TT. I will try to take some new pictures in the morning, but will not be able to post them until later in the day. (cannot do that at work) I will let you know when I have them up. I am so proud of my progress and just love my new flat tummy. Each day is better as far as getting my strength back. I just listen to my body, and when I feel tired, I leave work and I get off my feet. I have been able to make it till around 3:30 pm so far. My boss was a little pissy yesterday when I told him I had to leave, but I told him that I was sure that my surgon would have no problem revising my work release and me taking off for another 3 weeks. He changed his toon. I am a good employee, but I am not a martyr.

Take care all,

Laura

You are a smart girl to listen to your body and rest when it says rest!!!! 4 weeks is awesome and I know you are enjoying it. I do have a question, how do they relocate your port and pull the midriff skin down w/o moving the port tubing? I am a little concerned.

Mimi

Hi Laura,

I just read all the pages of this thread and I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your story!

Like chocolate_snaps, my tummy looks much like yours (except with more bulk, cause I still have a bunch to lose LOL). Your results give me a lot of hope that I'll have good results too.

I saved your pre-op diet and supplementation suggestions - I'll definately be using those when the time comes. I'm down 60 pounds of the 110 I want to lose, and on track to lose them by Spring 2010. I want it gone by December, but I am not going to make myself sick by trying to starve myself.

Your story and the pictures are so inspiring! I love that you shared the whole truth and nothing but with us all. Bless you for being so open with us, your online fan base. I am definately a fan!:)

I'll continue to check in on you as you continue your recovery - keep letting us know what's up, and congrats on your beautiful flat tummy!:blink:

You are a smart girl to listen to your body and rest when it says rest!!!! 4 weeks is awesome and I know you are enjoying it. I do have a question, how do they relocate your port and pull the midriff skin down w/o moving the port tubing? I am a little concerned.

Mimi

Mimi - The PS did not relocate my port. He did pull the skin up, and he said he cleaned up around the port, but did not move it. He was extra careful with the tubing. He did make the comment that I would not have as tight an upper abs and someone without the band, he did not stitch the muscles tight there, he did not want to chance kinking the tube. To tell you the truth, I would not have even noticed if he had not told me that. My upper abs look fine to me.

Take care,

Laura

Hi Laura,

I just read all the pages of this thread and I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your story!

Like chocolate_snaps, my tummy looks much like yours (except with more bulk, cause I still have a bunch to lose LOL). Your results give me a lot of hope that I'll have good results too.

I saved your pre-op diet and supplementation suggestions - I'll definately be using those when the time comes. I'm down 60 pounds of the 110 I want to lose, and on track to lose them by Spring 2010. I want it gone by December, but I am not going to make myself sick by trying to starve myself.

Your story and the pictures are so inspiring! I love that you shared the whole truth and nothing but with us all. Bless you for being so open with us, your online fan base. I am definately a fan!:)

I'll continue to check in on you as you continue your recovery - keep letting us know what's up, and congrats on your beautiful flat tummy!:blink:

Thanks you for your sweet comments. The reason that I guess I wanted to share everything was because, when I was researching and reading, well I was addicted to it. I wanted to know everything, and appreciated it when someone shared what they were going through. I wanted to know what I was going to face. I was the same way when I was thinking about getting the band. I stayed on this site for hours a day, reading, looking and asking questions. I just appreciated it when someone took the time to share. So I told myself that when I decided to have my TT I would share everything. Maybe I could help someone else with the journey like so many people here helped me. So now what you have to do it share yours.... You can start now. Someone out there is where you are, with the same questions, fears and hopes. This place is a wonderful place, I just love it.

OH, by the way - GREAT JOB on the weight loss. Not even a year since your band right? and 60lbs lost, you go GIRL!!! It took me 2 years to get the majority of my weight off. HEYand we are almost the same age..... I will be 46 in a few weeks. My TT was my 45th bithday gift to myself, it just took me almost a year to unwrap the present, LOL.

Take care,

Laura

Today is 4 weeks out for me. I get to stop wearing this binder today. YEA, I think....have kinda gotten used to it. Feel supported better with it on. But I am looking forward to going with out it tomorrow, just a Spanx.< /p>

Hey, I have new pictures... don't forget you have to use the password: OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792.

Take care all,

Laura