Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna flat tummy

Laura:

Good luck with the reveal!

I think that the boredom was the hardest part after the first 24 hours. I think it's so hard for us bandsters that have lost so much weight because we love our new energy levels after loosing all of the weight and we have a much more active lifestyle. Then, with the ps and there's no activity for a few days. You should be able to walk alot by the end of the week. I tucked my drainage balls into pockets on my sweatpants. I was calling them my "testicles". Silly, huh!

Hope you have a great day.

Sue

Laura I know all about being bored. I was exercising an hour or more a day walking and curves plus just normal things around the house then after surgery doing nothing it drove me nuts. Probably even worse for you since you had a job every day and now you are sitting at home. I loved when people posted on my thread so I had something new to read.

Glad you are feeling good.

Hey Everyone,

Had my followup with the PS. Did not remove any drains, but I didnt expect him to, they are still going pretty good. OMG I am so happy with the way I look. I just can't believe it is my tummy. I have posted some more pictures - they are Day 5 pictures

Password- OMGnoflab

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9792.

I am surprise just how much it took out of me just to go to the Doc. I am wiped out. So it is nap time for me.

Later all,

Laura

Oh, Laura, you are looking so wonderful!!!! You are doing an awesome service to us by posting the pictures and keeping us informed the way you do. Thanks a million.

Mimi

Laura,

You look amazing. I'm 5'2 also and started about the same weight as you at my heaviest. I'm working real hard to take off 20 lbs before I have PS. I was down to 157 last Oct, but since then put on 10 lbs. Problems with my fills and was having acid reflux, so had unfill, then refill. Still haven't found that sweet spot again.

Your inner thighs look great also! I have some loose skin there.

I'm so excited for you. Keep resting and healing.

Laura, girl I saw your pics and you look like a playboy model!!! You must be sooo excited! What a great job your surgeon did. Congrats! I hope I have the same results. xoxo

MIMI - Thanks, I feel wonderful. I am so very proud of my new tummy, I just have to show it off. And well, my DH can only look at it so much, so I have to show it off here. LOL

Skinny - you know, my thighs did have some slight drooping. I showed it to my PS and he said that could be taken care of with the TT. You know he was right. He did a mond lift, and it did help with the thights. He pulled it thight, in my goin area I have a burning sensation, he said it was where he pulled the skin very tight. I put coco butter on it to help with the pain and to keep from getting new strech marks. I just found out you could get thoses after PS, and don't want them.

Allie - I don't know about the playboy model thing, but I do think my PS did a fabalous job. I am so happy. You know you dream and hope it will turn out good. BUT wow, it exceeded any of my expectations. I give all of the credit to my wonderful PS. He is a perfectionist. They told me he drives everyone in the operating room crazy, because he wants it how he wants it, and will not settel for anything else. Sometimes it takes him an additional hour to do the surgery just because he wants it to be perfect. And he is very proud of his work, rightly so. I am very lucky.

Decided this morning to cut back on the pain meds today, just to see how it would go. Well, I think it is too soon to go 100% without them. Experenced alot of back pain and discomfort from the drain site. So I think I will wait to try this when the drains are removed. The Tylenol help a little but not enought. Oh well, I guess I am a wimp.

I had a hard time sleeping lastnight. My back was hurting. I took some of the percocet and was finally able to get to sleep. Then I woke up, had to pee, and was in alot of pain again. It had been a little over four hours since I had taken the percocet, so I took some more. I hope this is just part of the healing process. I hope that this too shall pass. I do not want to have to depend on pain med to get to sleep. My DH reminded me that it has not even been a week since my surgery, and not to stress it.

Laura, you are being very hard on yourself!!! You are still fresh post op from major surgery and you will need pain meds. Listen to that smart DH of yours. This too shall pass.

Mimi

Laura:

You'll heal better if you're sleeping, so please do whatever you have to in order to get alot of rest. I recall that there were some good days and some not so good days for the first couple of weeks. It's important to remember not to overdo it on the good days so that you don't have to pay for it later. I don't think that you should worry about needing to have the pain meds to help you sleep. I took them mostly at bed time the first couple of weeks and then I stopped when I felt alot less pain.

Strange, but one of the worst pains that I had was mostly when I was in bed. I cannot sleep on my back, and when rolling to my side or if I slept on my side for a short period of time I would get a very sharp pain down toward my groin area. I think she did Lipo down there and there was alot of pain in that area. This groin pain went away after the first two weeks.

Rest, relax, rest, relax, rest, relax.

Take care.

Sue

Thanks everyone! I am calling the PS to get a refill for the pain meds. I took the last of the meds lastnight and slept like a baby, and feel so much better this morning.

I can't believe it has been a week today. I love my new tummy. I am just bored with being at home and not being able to do much. I keep telling myself that I was so looking forward to having nothing to do but lay around. So going to try to enjoy it today. I can do this, I can be a lady of leasure. LOL Better be careful, I might get to like this and not want to go back to work.

My PS's nurse said to call when my driaining was below 30cc in a 24 hour period. Well last night it was 20cc in one and 50cc in the other. I dont remember if she meant 30cc total or less than 30 in each one. I will ask today when I call about the meds.

Take care all,

Laura

Got more pain meds. YEA Drugs. I had to go pick it script up because they cannot call that type of meds in. So I had my first outing today, I drove myself to the doc and then to the drug store. It went well, but sure took it out of me.

Nurse told me that it was 30 cc in each not total, That was good news. So I sure hope to get these drains out by the first of next week. Trying to not be in a hurry, because I hear horror stories of people having bad trouble with swelling and sernomas (sp). So just sucking it up.

Take care all,

Laura

Laura, I am glad you got the pain meds, it will help your recovery. I am also happy for you that the drainage has slowed down. Hang in there, and make haste slowly!

Mimi