Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Wonder how the dynamics worked out to the # 12. I mean if they were working 8 hour shifts.....that doesn't appear to be enough to my way of thinking. But I would have to sit down and take more time figuring it out, than I care to do at this point tonight!!

12 was the number the Angel organizer came up with and she's a nurse. I remember her saying that number before Nadya turned her down. So glad someone's shaking that girl into accepting this. I hope the Angels get enough donations to continue this (they said they wouldn't last very long on their current funding), but people will probably give lots of money to them since none goes to Nadya.

That will be an interesting to see, Beth. I didn't realize until I read it today, that Nadya's parents are divorced. With her father paying for the new house, and the mother $20,000 behind in her mortgage, I wonder who will be roomies after the big move.

I haven't been watching the media reports about Nadya and her decisions, but I doubt seriously if the money came pouring in like she thought it would. People are just too disgusted with the whole affair. I do believe that they will donate to the Angel network though.

She was running out of time. If she didn't get something set up pretty quickly there was a good chance that she would lose her little meal tickets.

And let's face it, even if she doesn't get money directly from the Angel group for her artificial nails and lip plumping, I'm sure that since she's the mother of the children they're helping, they won't let her starve.

Only in America, via TMZ: We’ve learned her dad is the purchaser of the 2,583 square-foot house for Octo. It’s located in La Habra, near where OctoGrandma lives now. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, a large master bedroom with a walk-in closet and a large backyard. It’s listed for $564,900. The buyer apparently paid near asking price. It’s listed by Mike Patel of Prudential Realty in Anaheim Hills in the O.C. We’re told the deal was just inked and it will close on Friday. Sources also say the “substantial down payment” came from money that OctoMom has been scoring over the last few weeks. As one source put it, “the money has been coming from all over the place — $15,000 here, $25,000 there.” We’re told the seller is financing the deal. We’re told Octo will either move in over the weekend or early next week.

Only in America, via TMZ: We’ve learned her dad is the purchaser of the 2,583 square-foot house for Octo. It’s located in La Habra, near where OctoGrandma lives now. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, a large master bedroom with a walk-in closet and a large backyard. It’s listed for $564,900. The buyer apparently paid near asking price. It’s listed by Mike Patel of Prudential Realty in Anaheim Hills in the O.C. We’re told the deal was just inked and it will close on Friday. Sources also say the “substantial down payment” came from money that OctoMom has been scoring over the last few weeks. As one source put it, “the money has been coming from all over the place — $15,000 here, $25,000 there.” We’re told the seller is financing the deal. We’re told Octo will either move in over the weekend or early next week.

Um, what I'd like to know is if that biotch is going to salvage her mom's house with all this money! :biggrin: That $25,000 check alone should be enough to take it off the foreclosure block.

Um, what I'd like to know is if that biotch is going to salvage her mom's house with all this money! :biggrin: That $25,000 check alone should be enough to take it off the foreclosure block.

That would be the RIGHT thing to do...I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Nadya to do the RIGHT thing for anyone but herself.

Wonder if the "donors" will be public record - I'm willing to bet the FOIA requests for HER tax records will be coming in flurries next year when she has to file her taxes and account for all the money!

Is the IRS watching as we speak? One can only hope...and SOME of that money needs to go to the organization providing the babies with nursing care - not into more surgery, clothes, manicures or anything else for Octodummy!

The number 14 a day for nurses makes more sense to me than 12 to assume the entire care rotation. And face it ANY that are experienced, and provided will be better than the way she was acting like it would be done!

There needs to be enough to include the older children in the care. I read the People article linked above by Beth, and I'm sorry, but if a small child is internalizing or externalizing (?) to a point of SADNESS rather than anger--they need more than 10 minutes of being held and holding her. They need steady reassurance, by a constant in their life. Ideally that would be their Mom. But ideally Mom would recognize that the 10 minutes she so lovingly devoted to him and him alone, is not gonna be enough! Puhleeze!

I also think Dr. Phil should cough up his share, he is riding the ratings--------we get all angered up over her exploiting the kids-------yet he exploits them, her, the entire family and because he already has a show and spouts his psycho babble all over, he is ok to do it? Not in my book!!!! All the while saying she should not.....doesn't quite wash. He should title his next show Do as I Say, NOT as I DO!!!!! LOL

Then again, thats JMHO!!!

I'll bet Dad had to step up to the plate and put his name on the mortgage because Nadya couldn't qualify for the loan. I wonder if he put any conditions on it so that she can't just bail on him and leave him high and dry. Is that what she did to her mom?

I'm wondering what's happened to her mom since she's losing her home. Maybe that was all a part of Nadya's scheme. Rather than try to sell her mom's home in this market, just walk out on it and let the bank worry about it. Then she can live with Octo on the proceeds from child exploitation.

What a country!

I agree with you that Phil needs to support her more than anyone else. He is the worst one for putting her in the public eye and then telling her not to go for all that media attention. Hypocrite. As for her mom's house. She and her kids may have lived with her mom, but why is it her fault that her mom didn't pay her mortgage? I heard that she was giving her a reduced rent payment every month. I think she is losing her home because her husband is in the service and they are getting a divorce. Even if Nadya didn't live there, her mom would still be losing her house. I'll bet her mom moves into her new home with her.

I'll bet Dad had to step up to the plate and put his name on the mortgage because Nadya couldn't qualify for the loan.

Who said she needed a loan?

The article above states the owner is carrying the mortgage. Nowhere in multiple articles concerning this has it said the home was bought outright, they always refer to a substantial down payment.

Mortgage=loan

If I was her Mom, I would be a frequent, and helpful visitor, but I would in no way move in and allow her to again assume I would take over.

I love my children, and I love my grandchildren. I take care of 2 of them while my DD and my DS & DIL work. I do it because I love them, I know what kind of care they are receiving, and it helps my own kids financially. I do not however do it free of charge! My kids pay me. They do not know that every cent is being put right back into the bank in accounts for the kids, with my name, and the kids on the savings accounts. But to allow them to leave the kids here free of charge, does not help them develop responsibility for the children they chose to have.

Would be the same reason I would not move in if I was her Mom. Especially after her telling me to Get over it.....I would!!!

I agree with you that Phil needs to support her more than anyone else.

Excuse me, but SHE needs to support HERSELF more than anyone else! Dr. Phil didn't put her in this position, SHE did! She made choices that she KNEW she couldn't afford to follow through on. Why is it somebody ELSE'S responsibility to take care of her??

He is the worst one for putting her in the public eye and then telling her not to go for all that media attention. Hypocrite.

No, NADYA is the worst one for putting herself in the public eye. He didn't have anything to do with her interviews with Dateline or Radar.com or any of the other multitudinous other interviews out there that SHE has done.

As for her mom's house. She and her kids may have lived with her mom, but why is it her fault that her mom didn't pay her mortgage? I heard that she was giving her a reduced rent payment every month.

I heard she had been paying her NOTHING. There is no way than an unemployed mother of six could pay for all their needs AND pay her mother any sort of rent on the $2500 or so a month she was getting. Throw in manicures and lip injections and there's absolutely no way.

Anybody want to put money on whether Nadya's mother's divorce was influenced by Nadya's "activities"?

And I get a little tired of people trashing Dr. Phil. He doesn't force anyone to come on that show. And he puts them through at least one interview before the show. They know what is going to happen before they ever walk on that set.

Dr. Phil is a very straightforward guy. He tells it like it is. He does more for people through his show than most psychologists do in months or even years of counseling. Yeah, they are put in an uncomfortable position when he points out what their behavior is all about. But the reason so many people with problems agree to go on there is because he gets the job done.

I think that few of us and very few psychologists are equipped with the brain power to cut to the chase like he does. I agree that he can be very abrasive, but what's more important figuring out what's wrong and how to fix it, or skirting the issues and being gratuitous and patronizing?

Anybody want to put money on whether Nadya's mother's divorce was influenced by Nadya's "activities"??

i had a a hunch after reading the story myself...

i understood that the house had to be put in dad's name, not nadya because she is unemployed. he's also not in the service, but a contrator working in iraq.

i pray grandma goes for a LONG vacation - a much needed one.