Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

I have a lot of mixed feelings about her selling her story and pics of the kids etc.

First of all, it would be about the only way she could support a family of this size on her own. Thus keeping her off the welfare rolls.

And if done in a tasteful manner, from the beginning, it could have worked for her possibly. But since she come off so flaky from the beginning, she is now reduced to tabloid forms of shows and magazines. There will be the occasional show of value, as well as articles, but the time for a tasteful sharing of her experience is past.

We have spoke of many families who have done it--like the Jon & Kate plus 8 show, the ones with 18 kids, I forget their name.....all done tastefully considering that the adults made the decision for the kids to do this. And as for the J&K bunch, they readily admit it was a financial decision.

They did not go into it with the negativity that this woman has brought upon herself.

There is a yearly show of the Dilley kids----not sure how many there are, and Diane --man I am losing names today!!! From the Good Morning America or Today one, goes to see them each year on their birthday. They did family specials.

As did the McCaughey family when their 7 kids were first born.

ALL of them except the Dugars (see there is the name!!) went into the sudden large family with no more than 2 other children. And they went into it as married couples wanting a family--not a single woman with 6 already.

No one likes greed. She exhibits greed every time they interview her. Who cares if she wanted one more or 8 more----she was not properly caring for the ones she had, and that set her up for a poor acceptance at having a show as the others have.

Yes if she gets it people will tune in, same as they do for Nanny 911---------or Jerry Springer-----as has been said it is a train wreck, and you are impelled to look!

Another part of me says at least if she has some sort of following, be it on TV or what, then she will be being monitored. Becuase really Radar would just as soon turn on her and villianize her for ratings if they caught her doing something that grabbed ratings!! It would be a monitoring system of some sort. Which is desperately needed!

You're wrong! There has been a lot of criticism of movie stars selling their kids in that way. And just because you CAN make a buck, or someone else does it, doesn't make it correct to do it if it is unethical or detrimental to those who are being used.

I think that if she needs money, why not sell her info. If people want to know about her and her kids. Let them know at a price. So what? John and kate do that with their 8. Do you think they do it because they enjoy the media attention? No. It's all about the $$$$. So do the Duggars or whoever they are. How is her selling an interview to a talk show 'detrimental' to her kids? Or selling a book? How is selling her labor and birth videos 'detrimental'. We have shows on TV called 'A baby Story' that does that every week! Please, we have a woman here who is getting bashed at every turn cause the public is outraged at her not having a job and collecting some food stamps. Why shouldn't she try to make some money off the publics buttinski in her life? She has to provide a home and care for them doesn't she?

The public argument the stars make for allowing their children to be photographed and exposing them to all kinds of media coverage is that the paparazzi is going to get pictures anyway, so why not profit from it.

You don't see the paparazzi at her house every day? I don't see it dying down any time soon.

People can shelter their children from things that can hurt them in the long run and there are a lot of famous people who do not choose to use their children to make a few bucks. (Definition of a few bucks is relative, of course.)

What do they need to be sheltered from?

How are they gonna get hurt? Really. Talk to John and Kate. Are they hurt?

----------------------------------------------------

Nadya has been advised to lose the nails for the health of the babies.

Nadya Suleman: Eight tiny babies, 10 long fingernails

Has anyone else been wondering how Nadya Suleman can handle her tiny octuplets with fingers tipped with such long nails? You can't miss those fingernails in the ubiquitous shots of her caressing the babies' heads, like this one from the Today show.

Turns out we're not the only ones who can't figure out that one. Ken Gerenraich, a podiatrist who serves as CEO of Woodward Laboratories, a California company that makes hand, foot and skin antimicrobials, kindly forwarded us a copy of a letter he sent Suleman a couple of days ago.

"The world has seen the video of you lovingly touching your babies, and it has been scientifically proven that premature babies benefit from human touch," Gerenraich writes. "However, you may not know that those sweet caresses are putting your children in harm's way ... There is no place for long nails in a medical facility, and I encourage you -- for the safety of your babies and their fragile health -- to either remove your artificial nails or wear gloves whenever you are touching them.''

Washing your hands isn't enough, Gerenraich says. "Artificial or long natural nails can be terribly unsanitary, and the majority of germs present on hands, even after washing, are found under the nails."

Using antimicrobial products won't solve the problem, because they can't kill germs in debris trapped under long nails, says the man who makes his living selling antimicrobial products. Artificial nails are particularly hazardous, Gerenraich says, because more germs can be trapped between them and the natural nails underneath.

"For the health and wellness of your children," he writes, "I hope you will take my advice to wear short nails or gloves when caring for your children."

Looks like Gerenraich, who sent the letter to Suleman in care of a Los Angeles Mail Boxes Etc., has hit the nail on the head. Check out these scientific abstracts on the subject -- one by a nurse at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, a second by someone in the operating room department of a Winnipeg hospital and a third from folks at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

--By Rita Rubin, USA TODAY

Nadya Suleman: Eight tiny babies, 10 long fingernails - Better Life - USATODAY.com

What is he, a prophet? HOW can he predict such a thing?

I think he was just underscoring how intense and difficult is is to care for multiples, since he had the experience of trips (which is less than half of what Octomom will have to care for).

I'm not even going to sit here and justify why *I BELIEVE* OctoLips is crazy. Just knowing that the vast majority agrees with me is more than enough...

Heehee...."Octolips"......those big ol' rubbery lips are gross.

Heehee...."Octolips"......those big ol' rubbery lips are gross.

I gag when I watch her interviews. Not only does she sound like a clueless twit, but watching her is disgusting -- like what it would look like if a grouper could talk.

I gag when I watch her interviews. Not only does she sound like a clueless twit, but watching her is disgusting -- like what it would look like if a grouper could talk.

ROFLMAO A grouper !!! OH I almost fell off my chair !!

As for her nails. I bet she puts gloves over thsoe things before she wacks them off , what do you think ?

Mindy

I bet she just won't touch them as much since her nails are obviously so important to her. I mean, she can't have ordinary nails for the cameras, and gloves would ruin her manicure.:unsure:

You don't see the paparazzi at her house every day? I don't see it dying down any time soon.

It won't die down anytime soon because her continued video blogging and other eccentric behaviors encourage the tabloids and the paparazzi. If she conducted herself as normally as possible, they would soon find nothing to report on and leave her alone.

People can shelter their children from things that can hurt them in the long run and there are a lot of famous people who do not choose to use their children to make a few bucks. (Definition of a few bucks is relative, of course.)

What do they need to be sheltered from?

They need to be sheltered from those who would remind them of all the eccentric and just plain dumb things their biological mother did to get them here...they don't need to try and answer the question "So WHY did your mother decide to have 8 more babies when she already had you guys?"

No child needs to be faced with those kind of questions, but unfortunately their biological mother is giving the tabloids enough fodder to harass and embarass these children well into their teens - and with her track record, I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Even if she cares not one whit what people say about her, she should care about the eventual effect on the children she worked so hard to bring into the world - as ill-advised as that decision was.

Because of the internet and archiving, these children will be able to find themselves on Google as soon as they know how to spell their names - if not before then. And it won't exactly be flattering coverage...She is not trying to raise money to take care of the kids - she is trying to further her own lifestyle. So far, her actions have been selfish, selfish and yet again selfish.

No redeeming qualities so far that I can see - no time that she has thought of the kids BEFORE her own needs. The artificial nails are just one more layer of evidence against her - go ahead and get a manicure, get new polish, get your nails shaped, etc - just leave the acrylic nails OUT OF IT.

They are a health hazard to her preemies, and she should immediately SOAK THEM OFF and then WASH HER HANDS before touching any of her children!:unsure:

I am actually shocked that the hospital let her touch them with those nails at all. I remember that was a rule when I visited the NICU when my DS was born. You could not have fake nails. Heck, they didn't want you to even have long natural nails. They talked about the delicate nature of the babies' skin and also the germs they hold. Has anyone seen whether or not she has actually done anything about the nails since the doctor sent her the letter?

I am actually shocked that the hospital let her touch them with those nails at all. I remember that was a rule when I visited the NICU when my DS was born. You could not have fake nails. Heck, they didn't want you to even have long natural nails. They talked about the delicate nature of the babies' skin and also the germs they hold. Has anyone seen whether or not she has actually done anything about the nails since the doctor sent her the letter?

Until I started reading the info on this forum, I had no idea fake nails carried so many germs. I'm like you, slim-n-tn, I can't believe she was allowed to touch the babies in the NICU wearing them. If nothing else, I would have thought gloves would be required until the nails were removed.

I can't imagine the cold germs and other viruses that the preemies will face IF they're allowed to go home with Nadya just from the other six children alone.

As if we need it -- even MORE reason to show why she is totally unfit and unable to deal with these children!!! I didn't know until today when the tape was made; but now it's said she was threatening to kill herself WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT with the babies!! :laugh:

ABC News: Octo-Mom Says Pregnancy, Anxiety Contributed to Frantic 911 Calls

Yup, that explains it. It was the hormones talking, because she's completely rational in every other way. :unsure:

(walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...)

Yup, that explains it. It was the hormones talking, because she's completely rational in every other way. :unsure:

(walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...)

:laugh::lol::mellow:

There is a difference between the Dionne quintuplets being photographed in a controlled environment for Life magazine when they were babies with a few follow up stories every 6 years or so, and the circus that surrounds Octolips and the fame and wealth she is seeking by exploiting her children any way she can.

In other words, there is a diffence between gaining fame and wealth from a serious news story and the kind of fame and wealth that Britney Spears gets when she intentionally flashes her crotch for the paparazzi.

If Octobmom weren't such a dim bulb, and if she weren't so self-centered and indifferent to her children's real needs, she could take advantage of the sensationalism of having 8 babies at once. But she's not focused on their needs, she's focused on her own. The kind of notoriety she generates is not healthy for any of her children.

I know it is exciting to think that she won't be on the dole. We are all outraged by her irresponsibility because she had 14 children when she was not married and unable to provide for them. But the welfare of the children is more important to us than whether or not she gets public assistance, right?

When our preemies were born and staying in the NICU, we had to scrub our hands for 3 minutes before we were allowed to even enter the NICU. 3 minutes of scrubbing with hospital anti-bacterial soap is a really long time. (They timed us.) But nothing was ever said about cutting our nails or getting rid of artificial nails. This was in California too.