Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

The entire welfare/assistance program is screwy! I have a friend who received AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children)for 3 years. Now keep in mind this was about 10 years ago. She was battling cancer in her lymph nodes. When she come out on the sunny side of things, and went back to work, she got notice that they finally located her ex, and had attached his Tax refund checks in an attempt to repay the amount owed the state. There was a meeting she needed to attend in regards to something related to this. So she went in, and found out that they are charging her ex with every dime she was paid---for the kids. The AFDC is broke down, and he is responsible for paying back the kids part. She ask if she needed to make arrangements on repaying her portion, and was told that was not required.

Now she is a very fair minded person----so ask why he had to pay ALL of the kids back, as opposed to half (since they are half hers too) and why her portion was waived. They had no answers other than if he didn't pay, they would take away his drivers license, and continue to attach any lottery winnings, all tax refunds etc.

Here was a woman willing to repay for the help provided, and the state had no program in place for her to do that, only ones to punish an absent parent.

So stupid the way things are done!!!

Kat

Yea, it's that way here too. The state considers the money they are paying as child support that the father isn't paying, but should be paying, so that's why they go after him. In fact, here, if a woman signs up for welfare (not foodstamps) she has to tell them the name of the father and if she refuses, they won't give her any money. But if she tells them, they give her a check each month and go after the father, because they consider it child support that needs to be coming from him. If a woman is receiving child support from the father, then she is not elgible for a welfare check. It kinda makes sense to me.

:rolleyes:

Ok, aside from it non being particularly attractive, how is she able to move around and support her belly?

Especially in-light of having a bad back, which causes her to draw disability.:scared2:

It is fascinating but I have been on any number of websites and the reactions of folks to octopussy's breeding stunt have been overwhelmingly negative. I think that she must be the most vilified woman in America today. It is not surprising that her publicist dropped her. You can't take the stink out of a turd, can you?

It is fascinating but I have been on any number of websites and the reactions of folks to octopussy's breeding stunt have been overwhelmingly negative. I think that she must be the most vilified woman in America today. It is not surprising that her publicist dropped her. You can't take the stink out of a turd, can you?

I was reading they dropped her due to death threats they were receiving:

PR group steps aside from representing octuplets mother - USATODAY.com

I can't say that I blame them for dropping her. I don't see how they could have represented her in the first place! How could anyone say it is ok to do what she did??

I can't say that I blame them for dropping her. I don't see how they could have represented her in the first place! How could anyone say it is ok to do what she did??

I don't know much about the industry, but I don't think that's what a PR firm does. I think it's more about handling engagements she may have and keeping her story out there. Anybody? Am I at least close? :thumbup:

It is just not wise to have so many children and you can not afford them. I do not wish evil upon her nor her chilldren. I pray God gives her an excellent way to support them. I do not want CPS to take them, so I will pray for God to send her the support she needs. What's done is done, we can not change it. People threatening to kill her (accordinjg to the news) and all that violent stuff is wacko too.

I don't know much about the industry, but I don't think that's what a PR firm does. I think it's more about handling engagements she may have and keeping her story out there. Anybody? Am I at least close? :thumbup:

Oh, I'm not sure. You may be right. But I saw one of the lady's from the PR firm on tv talking about how she holds all her children each day. BLAH BLAH

It is just not wise to have so many children and you can not afford them. I do not wish evil upon her nor her chilldren. I pray God gives her an excellent way to support them. I do not want CPS to take them, so I will pray for God to send her the support she needs. What's done is done, we can not change it. People threatening to kill her (accordinjg to the news) and all that violent stuff is wacko too.

I agree with you. She made some poor choices and now what's done is done. There are many (yes, here) who love to cast stones at people and find every stupid thing others do, love to talk about how wrong it is, love to say how they would never do that, love to decide what sort of punishment others should receieve for their mistakes, and enjoy trashing them, and that's just as bad. Then, like you said, all the talk about it has led some people to threaten her life over it. This threatening will then lead to action, and now you have a real problem, bigger than the problem she caused by being irresponsible in her actions.

I, too, hope she finds a way to support them all, and I believe she will be a good mom to them. I also pray, and know, that God will provide a way for her, despite her actions, because He loves her and all the children.

I just returned from the grocery store and there were several magazines at the check out stands with her picture and story on them. I wonder if this was her first story selling for dollars?

I did not purchase any of the magazines, nor did I look inside. Maybe this is her way of earning the money she will need to support all the children she has. I also wonder if she is making anything off her web site???

You are right, they didn't all come at once, but I was disputing the cost of raising a large family, and it's nowhere near the astronomical figures quoted here.

My daughter who lives with me came home from the hospital after delivering a 2 lb. baby boy. He was there for 2 months. He is now 3. When he left the hospital, he was a normal weight and it was like taking home a normal baby from the hospital. When she gets her 8 babies home, they will no longer be premature.

They will be premature for a long time!!!

It takes these preemies time to catch up to thier "real" age. I had my twins at 25 weeks along. They were 1 lb 6 oz, and 2 lb 7 oz. The smallest one was in the hospital for almost 5 months, the bigger twin for 4 months. Yes now a days ther is great medical advancment then there was 23 yeasrs ago, But these babies still are paying the price for this mothers selfish actions. It was hard on me and my husband with 2 preemies that had to eat every 2 hours, they aren't like a "normal" newborn they have special needs that are more time consuming, they take longer to eat, ect. I also had a 3 year old when I delievered my girls. and it was hard with just those 3, I cannot even imagine 14 children. I don't know why this woman choose to put her babies and kids thru this. There is no way she can give of herself to these kids like she claims she can. Just the basic needs will not be met by her alone. IMHO!!

Daycare costs for a premature or "special needs" baby are way more then standard costs.

selfish selfish selfish.

I agree, premature babies will always be premature! I have a friend who has twins that were born early. They are 3 now and they still aren't talking much. They also get sick a lot more compared to other children the same age.