Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Wow, talk about yer Angelina Jolie clone. I suspect she did this because she has a crush on Angelina Jolie, the great white baby goddess.... Her lips could suck the chrome off a trailor hitch, as my mate would say. lol

Her comments indicate that she lives in la-la land and that she has no real comprehension of just how difficult and challenging raising kiddies can be; you need bucks to be able do this. And she is planning on going to back to school in order to get her master's degree. This is going to be very time consuming and difficult. My niece is a single mum of one kid with a special learning need (dyslexia) and was going to university. She had a very difficult time getting through. I had to help her write her papers. (I am not maternal and so I don't do children, eh. lol) Her father helped her out financially.

She seems to think that her love will conquer all. She also seems to think that folks are against her because she is a single mum, and not because she already has 6 other brats to raise and not much cash with which to do it. Ugh! She is just the sort of dimwit that Green longs to give a smack behind the ears to.

Green, I love it when you post! LOL!

I heard on the news last night that she's spending 45 minutes holding each of her new babies. That's about 6 hrs a day. So. What about her other 6? There is just not enough time in the day for 14 children under the age of 7!!!! Kids that young need a lot of time and attention. Different if they're all different ages and some are older. I don't know how Jon & Kate do it and there's TWO of them and "ONLY" 8!!

Heck, I have a hard time sometimes! I've got a DD who'll be 3 this spring. A DH who's a fireman and gone for a 72hr shift each week (and that doesn't include fire season when he can be gone for weeks on end!). I have NO help so it's just me and DD when he's gone. Right now she's sick, not been sleeping well and I'm TIRED!!! I'm not complaining (much!:cursing:). I signed up for this when we brought her home from the hospital at 2 days old. BUT just looking at my situation, where I have a husband part of the week and am "single" (so to speak) part of the week, I just can't see how she is going to manage this esp as a single mom.

What about when the kids are sick? The older ones are going to be bringing all kinds of bugs home from school and those preemies are going to catch everything! What happens when SHE's sick and can hardly think, let alone function? I just don't see it!

Speaking of DD, she's actually hungry! Better go feed her before she changes her mind! LOL!

Have a great day everyone!

I read somewhere that she got a work comp settlement from hurting her back, and she's been living off that. Plus she's been on disability for a long time. She needs to give those babies up to someone who can take care of them and really wants them.

I read somewhere that she got a work comp settlement from hurting her back, and she's been living off that. Plus she's been on disability for a long time. She needs to give those babies up to someone who can take care of them and really wants them.

Omg, it just keeps getting weirder. I was trying to look up her settlement amount (I think I heard it was only about $170,000), and I found this new tidbit:

Octuplets' Mom Hires An Agent

Hattie Kauffman: She Hopes To Become TV Childcare Expert To Earn Living; She Used Settlement Proceeds For In-Vitro

Octuplets' Mom Hires An Agent, Hattie Kauffman: She Hopes To Become TV Childcare Expert To Earn Living; She Used Settlement Proceeds For In-Vitro - CBS News

Okay, apprently not a settlement:

Among other things, the documents reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for an injury she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

California Medical Board Investigating Octuplet Case

I've got to wonder what multiple births does to her back and lower extremeties. :cursing:

Ok, I would like to know how she got that much for disablility. I got it for a back injury once, and it sure wasn't even close to that! This story just keeps getting weirder.

I cannot wait to see the entire video on NightLine tomorrow night. They are suppose to show pictures of all the new babies.

I wonder how much money she is getting for appearing on that show?

There are pictures and a video of the babies on msn now.

Wow! Amazing how small they are.

Slideshow: 8 amazing babies - Parenting & Family - TODAYshow.com

CNN poll for today

Quick Vote

1.gif

.cnnQVBody{padding: 0px 9px 4px 12px;}Octuplet Mom: Would you pay to hear more of her story?

Yes1%217 No 99%18460 Total Votes: 18677

OK, I'm watching the Today Show right now and Ann Curry is doing a follow up to the portion of her interview with the mom where the mom said she was not on welfare or using any help from the government and that she has been supporting the original six with help from her family and church.

Liar...Ann's follow up; they found out that she has been getting almost $500 in food stamps per month and three of the original 6 children are receiving additional federal assistance for disabilities.

OK, I'm watching the Today Show right now and Ann Curry is doing a follow up to the portion of her interview with the mom where the mom said she was not on welfare or using any help from the government and that she has been supporting the original six with help from her family and church.

Liar...Ann's follow up; they found out that she has been getting almost $500 in food stamps per month and three of the original 6 children are receiving additional federal assistance for disabilities.

Oh good lord... that's not WELFARE in her book??

What I loved is how she said she was taking care of her kids, she didn't take welfare and didn't feel comfortable accepting help, yet family and church are doing just that. So not only is she psycho, she's a liar. :thumbdown:

the grandmother gave an interview to radar.com and she said that he octomom has been gone from the 6 kids for 2 months. the house is filthy and they are living in 2 rooms. the grandma is po'd.