Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! How do you take all the vitamins

This is my list and when I take them. Don't know if this helps at all.

1. Multi-Vit, gummies - 2, twice a day, AM before Breakfast and mid afternoon

2. Immune C, gummies - 2, twice a day (during cold/flu season), with the multi

3. Biotin, lozenge - 1, twice a day, with the multi

4. Calcium w/D, chew - 1, twice a day, with the multi

5. Acidophilus, itty bitty pills - 1, twice a day (during cold/flu season, otherwise just 1 in the AM), with the multi

6. B Complex w/sublingual 12, liquid - 1 dropper, once a day, with the multi

7. Omega 3, liquid - 1tsp, twice a day, with the multi

8. Blood Pressure, pill - 1, once a day, with the multi

9. Iron, liquid - 2tsp, twice a day, once before lunch and once before dinner, ALWAYS 2hrs from the Calcium chew

Because everything except the BP med and the Acidophilus are in liquid or chewable form, I have no problem with this. Sometimes my problem stems from a scheduling thing and making sure the Iron and the calcium aren't too close together.

Sometimes if I'm gone in the afternoon, but home for dinner, I'll take the iron like normal, then 2hrs later will take the afternoon dose. OR if not home til after dinner, take the afternoon dose as soon as I get home, then take the iron before bed, making sure again about the 2hrs.

If I know I'm going to get home REALLY late, I'll take the afternoon stuff with me, foregoing the acidophilus and Omega b/c they have to stay refrigerated (as does the iron). I'll still take the iron before bed but I won't have missed the afternoon dose of the most important stuff.

I haven't traveled yet, other than to my mom's, so I'm not sure how to handle that other than maybe taking a small ice chest to keep the cold stuff in.

Once you get a routine, it helps. I'm way better about taking my stuff now then I was before surgery!

Sorry this is so long, hope it helps, at least a little. Take care.

This is my list and when I take them. Don't know if this helps at all.

1. Multi-Vit, gummies - 2, twice a day, AM before Breakfast and mid afternoon

2. Immune C, gummies - 2, twice a day (during cold/flu season), with the multi

3. Biotin, lozenge - 1, twice a day, with the multi

4. Calcium w/D, chew - 1, twice a day, with the multi

5. Acidophilus, itty bitty pills - 1, twice a day (during cold/flu season, otherwise just 1 in the AM), with the multi

6. B Complex w/sublingual 12, liquid - 1 dropper, once a day, with the multi

7. Omega 3, liquid - 1tsp, twice a day, with the multi

8. Blood Pressure, pill - 1, once a day, with the multi

9. Iron, liquid - 2tsp, twice a day, once before lunch and once before dinner, ALWAYS 2hrs from the Calcium chew

Because everything except the BP med and the Acidophilus are in liquid or chewable form, I have no problem with this. Sometimes my problem stems from a scheduling thing and making sure the Iron and the calcium aren't too close together.

Sometimes if I'm gone in the afternoon, but home for dinner, I'll take the iron like normal, then 2hrs later will take the afternoon dose. OR if not home til after dinner, take the afternoon dose as soon as I get home, then take the iron before bed, making sure again about the 2hrs.

If I know I'm going to get home REALLY late, I'll take the afternoon stuff with me, foregoing the acidophilus and Omega b/c they have to stay refrigerated (as does the iron). I'll still take the iron before bed but I won't have missed the afternoon dose of the most important stuff.

I haven't traveled yet, other than to my mom's, so I'm not sure how to handle that other than maybe taking a small ice chest to keep the cold stuff in.

Once you get a routine, it helps. I'm way better about taking my stuff now then I was before surgery!

Sorry this is so long, hope it helps, at least a little. Take care.

Thanks for the info.I will have to work on this today

since I was just banded on Tuesday. I have BP, thyroid, etc. to take also.

Carolina MOM

I was told to take the Calcium chew at least 2 hours before or after the Multi-Vitamin otherwise it won't absorb properly. Wow, you take a lot of supplements. I only take one chewable multi-vitamin in the am, one calcium chew in the afternoon, and one sub-lingual B12 in the evening. I do take two small pills and a stool softener in the morning before I chew my Vitamin and that is hard enough to get down that early in the morning.

I was told to take the Calcium chew at least 2 hours before or after the multi-Vitamin otherwise it won't absorb properly. Wow, you take a lot of supplements. I only take one chewable Multi-Vitamin in the am, one calcium chew in the afternoon, and one sub-lingual B12 in the evening. I do take two small pills and a stool softener in the morning before I chew my Vitamin and that is hard enough to get down that early in the morning.

UGH! Had a great reply all typed out for you earlier and the site went down on me! I'll try again!

All of the supplements but the Omega, probiotic, Biotin and immune c are required by my surgeon. I split up the doses to make sure I absorb as much as possible. I double up the gummies b/c they're for children (my DD takes them too so I buy the huge bottles at Costco!).

I have never heard of the calcium/multi thing. Do you remember where you heard it? I'd love to know more. I read a lot and talk to my local herbalist so I know what I'm taking and why but that certainly doesn't mean I know much of anything! The 2hr thing I've always heard of for the calcium/iron. If I need to split up my calcium and multi, I'd like to know about it! Thanks!

Oh! Have you tried hot tea in the AM before trying to take your pills? I'm tight in the AM and that helps a lot.

Take care!

Edited by heartfire
Yes! It posted! LOL!

We were told about taking the Vitamin and Calcium at least two hours apart at our pre op nutrition class. I found this on a bariatric vitamin site "Take one hour apart from other Vitamins and minerals (especially iron)."

I haven't tried drinking hot tea in the morning - I don't do caffeine at all, but I will try decaff. thanks for the hint.

Thanks! I'll look into that more. I really don't want to be taking all this stuff wrong.

There are tons of great herbal teas out there. If they are straight herbal only, no black tea at all, they should be caffeine free and most will say so fairly prominently on the packaging. Green tea and I think, white tea (not sure, I don't know much about it yet), has caffeine in it as well so pay attention to that as well. Black tea has the most.

I don't know what brands you have in your area but Bigelow is easily found and they have some nice ones, as does Good Earth. Stash and Yogi have some great teas but are harder to find. You can order those from their websites if you want find a particular tea.

Have fun finding ones you like! :rolleyes: