Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! New here. United Health Care Coverage

My first time on this forum and looking forward to reading many of the posts.

I do have a question that I am hoping someone can help me with. I have United Health Care and today saw a surgeon that performs lap banding. She said I would be a great candidate for the surgery. :thumbup: The only thing I am concerned about is that even though I have made many attempts over almost the last 30 years to diet and excercise, I have none of that on record with my doctor. All my attempts were done on my own. Every attempt I have made to lose weight has always met with failure. :ohmy: Can anyone tell me if UHC is a tough one to get approval from since I do not have diet history on my medical files other than what I told my doctor about recently? I meet all the criteria, morbid obesity with BMI of 45, high blood pressure, acid reflux, back problems, history of obesity over 5 years. Also there is a lot of family history of heart problems and diabeties 2.

I am really nervous :unsure:that I will be denided because I do not have diet and excercise history with my PC doctor. However, I have made an appointment with my PC doctor in about a week to talk to her about having her give me a diet plan to follow and I am signing up for a walking club at my place of employment. I really hope that will help once my doctor sends all my records to UHC.

I would greatly appreciate any answers anyone has or experience they have had dealing with UHC.

Thanks all!!:(

Maggi

maggie glad you are thinking of banding.

as far as UHC I have them also and didn't have to provide diet history... just weight history for 5 years and a dr. approval which I also had him send my sleep study. My lapband dr. provided all the other symptoms I gave him. to the insurance. I was approved in a week. I get banded the 3rd in a week.

ps. my lapband dr. did all the work in getting all the infor from my PC dr. and sent in all the info for me. surely yours would do the same.

Thanks exumtam!That sounds very encouraging!! I sure hope you are right. The surgeon told me that UHC usually likes to have some diet history on your files with your PC doctor. I sure hope she is wrong!! I am really happy for you that you are going to be able to take this step and get your banding soon! Good luck and thank you for your reply!!!!Maggi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches