Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just right vs. too tight

I hope I am not driving ya'll crazy with my posts about all of my issues BUT you guys are all just too good and I am just such a nut.

So long story short....banded...reflux...prevacid...better...fill...sore throat but no problems getting things down...rested all weekend and did liquids....throat is better (not sore)...now there is a lump in my throat...BUT it is a.m. (I hear it is normal to be tight during early in the day.)...so I am eating some yogurt with no problems....and I begin to think...that maybe I pushed it a little too much last week with eating. I think I ate too much which is maybe what made my throat sore. My head is SO much bigger than my stomach (for once).

So I am going to try and take it slow...but I also have fear that I am too tight.

What is it like when you have good restriction? Too tight? How much is too little? (because, let's face it, it all seems too little to me) I have been a MASS quantity eater all my life.

Sorry to bother you all again...I am just really trying to get this thing figured out.

p.s. A little over 1/2 way done with the yogurt and feel pretty full

Lins, I don't think that even the most vivid description of what someone else feels like when they're "just right" is going to be helpful when it comes to you. And objective measurements of food aren't really helpful either, since we all feel different than one another and even from ourselves at other times.

What YOU feel like is the only really important thing. Whatever you did before you had the pain last week was probably too much, for you and at that stage of the game.

"Too tight" usually means real difficulty eating or even drinking. There is another version of "too tight" that seems to occur later on, when the restriction doesn't cause difficulty in eating but does cause persistent reflux. If you can manage your heartburn/reflux with behavior changes and occasional medication, and can eat and drink a sufficient amount without difficulty, then you're probably not "too tight."

Helpful, huh? :)

Acid reflux, especially when you lay down is one of the biggest symptons of being over restricted. Also, if you cannot eat ANY meats, even when you chew them extremely well, often times that can indicate being over filled.

Too tight" usually means real difficulty eating or even drinking. There is another version of "too tight" that seems to occur later on, when the restriction doesn't cause difficulty in eating but does cause persistent reflux. If you can manage your heartburn/reflux with behavior changes and occasional medication, and can eat and drink a sufficient amount without difficulty, then you're probably not "too tight."

I agree with Alex

I was partially unfilled back in May I think, I've just gotten in the last couple of weeks that I don't pb EVERYday, which has been so wonderful, I think I'll enjoy it a few weeks and then go for another fill, but if I start gaining, I'll go right away.

HarleyNana,

I am where you are at right now, when I had my first fill they brought me right up to 1.75cc within days I was pbing, and vomiting. Thanks to the board and all your support, I was advised to call my doctor right away, that was on day 5. I paged the doctor and he said to come right in. When I got their I was 3 pounds less and he said o.k. let's take some out, I felt so much better. When I went for my second fill they only gave me .35cc's and I was still restricted. Just lately I have been able to eat more meat and more of my meals, but nowhere the amount of food I use to eat. I think I may pass this time on another fill. Harleynana I was pbing all the time too, always getting things stuck and every other day I would have a sore throat. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with finally working with the band, not against it.

My doctors office says, if you can not eat a 3 oz filet mignon without pain in the evening then you are too tight.

I have been overfilled twice now. Praying for death before my last unfill. Unable to drink anything (not even water) until after 5pm, then unable to get anything but really thin mushies down after that. Living 4 weeks like that, I now fill underfilled, seeings how I can drink before noon now, and can eat chicken for dinner. But I can tell you this much. You want to be able to eat the good things (meat/veggies), and if you can't get those down for lunch/dinner, then you are too tight.

Most everyone is tight in the morning, so keep a shake handy then, but after noon, you gotta have some meat!!!