Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery

Not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know what it feels like after surgery?

I was on a liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgery. For at least the first one, I wasn't even interested in liquids. I was super super thirsty, but not interested in drinking. You don't feel any pain on the inside, if you know what I mean - because I was expecting to - but my stomach (belly) hurt like hell. There was no comfortable sitting position, and I couldn't lie down, sit up, stand up on my own for the first few days.

I was in so much pain I couldn't help crying the first few days, but if you can push through that you're fine. My end goal was too important to let some discomfort slow me down.

In terms of keeping food down, follow what the doctor tells you, mine was 3 weeks liquid, one mashed, then solids. Don't add too many foods at a time. If you're trying pureed carrots, just do the carrots, don't have carrots, broccoli, and peas. I've learned now, I'm 2 months out, that there is some stuff I liked before that I just can't tolerate now, and I wouldn't have known it if it were hidden in a mess of other foods.

Good luck!

I was sore. I had a reaction to the pain meds. My spleen bled during surgery from previous scar tissues. I stayed in the hospital for 2.5 days. I felt great on day 7-post op. I went to work two weeks after surgery.

I was not allowed to eat solid food, until the fourth week. I eat around 1,200 calories a day. I eat anything I want, but a whole lot less of it.

I was on liquids for two weeks after surgery followed by one week of mushies.

I have never ever vomited. I have never been stuck. I see my doctor monthly. I do blood work monthly. I take a regiment of Vitamins daily. I get at least 90 grams of Protein a day. I exercise at least 5X week for 60-minutes each time. I get fills when I need them. I have never felt pain during a fill.

I have lost over 30-pounds, tons of inches, and three pant sizes. I have lots of energy and no longer have back, knee, or ankle pain.

Not sure what else to tell you. Hope it helps. My recovery story is not typical as I did have complications during the surgery and recovery at the hospital. But I am doing great now! I have no regrets and I would do it again.

I'm 6 days out & apart from feeling a little uncomfortable where the port is & i want to Burp but cant, i feel great..

i was walking 2 hours after surgery & sent home 10 hours later..i was uncomfortable but not in pain..i have 6 pillows to prop me up in bed & have slept every night, stiff in the mornings, doing lots of walking, light housework & starting to enjoy life again...you will be fine

So there's really nothing serious just some discomfort and maybe some complications after surgery. I can handle that. Thanks, y'all been very helpful..