Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I change my ticker just by clicking on it. It is a link, then i log in with my password and update it:)

Hope that helps..

also i still have a lot of gas... how long will that last? is it still from the anesthesia or is it just from having a smaller pouch? i still have a nagging pain in my back under my left shoulder blade that i'm assuming is from the anesthesia. any thoughts??? thanks for any input.

yes, it sounds like gas. i had pain on the top of my left shoulder for a week, and the nurse told me it was from gas

Just wanted to give yall an update.....I did eat crawfish and just chewed the he!! out of them I only ate about 6 of them compared to 6 lbs....I am on week 2 as of today and can eat as long as I chew.....I am however starting 2 b more hungry.....I still have this very painful pulling like pain at my port area......it helps to were support for awhile then its like I just gotta be free for awhile.....Can't wait to b pain free....And hunger controlled....I know we r all wanting this to happen....good luck peeps....And I almost forgot I find the thirsties sneak up on me when I eat.....

Just wanted to give yall an update.....I did eat crawfish and just chewed the he!! out of them I only ate about 6 of them compared to 6 lbs....I am on week 2 as of today and can eat as long as I chew.....I am however starting 2 b more hungry.....I still have this very painful pulling like pain at my port area......it helps to were support for awhile then its like I just gotta be free for awhile.....Can't wait to b pain free....And hunger controlled....I know we r all wanting this to happen....good luck peeps....And I almost forgot I find the thirsties sneak up on me when I eat.....

Pezo - I was thinking about u this morning and wondering if the crawfish got the better of ya.....

Glad to hear that they didn't cause ya any trouble, we are going to a crawfish boil this wkend, but I think I will pass on them all the same.

Hope the port gets less tender soon....take care!

hi all~

Tomorrow @ 9:30am is my first fill! I am excited and ready! I will wake up and have only fluids. I will update you guys after. Wish me luck!

peas

Good Luck Peas.....!!!!!

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I am on day 7 banded on Monday 3/30. I just wanted to post this so if anyone else goes thru what I went thru they will know u will get thru it. The first 5-6 days WERE pure hell for me, I MEAN I HURT bad, but guess what I woke up today and I feel WONDERFUL. SO just remember if you have the surgery and are feeling MISERABLE it will pass keep your head up.....Conetha:thumbup:

I must be some sort of idiot or something! Maybe I'm losing brain cells with the pounds! I JUST figured out where you guys are on here! I joined several days ago and then couldn't find any posts! Sheesh!

Did we ever decide on a name? I like Lucky Losers or March Melters. Anything is fine with me!

I started on pureed food today. I got 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes down and I am extremely FULL. That's a crazy feeling. I love it!

I think i made one of those tickers...now I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my profile. I was a MSN group member for years and find that I am having some trouble switching to the yahoo groups. Never fear...I'm sure I'll catch up with everything eventually.

Mar

weight.png

weight.png

Edited by mdepauw
changed ticker to show weight

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I am on day 7 banded on Monday 3/30. I just wanted to post this so if anyone else goes thru what I went thru they will know u will get thru it. The first 5-6 days WERE pure hell for me, I MEAN I HURT bad, but guess what I woke up today and I feel WONDERFUL. SO just remember if you have the surgery and are feeling MISERABLE it will pass keep your head up.....Conetha:thumbup:

I'm so sorry the first few days were hard on you. I'm happy that the worst is past now, though.

I was lucky to come through the surgery very easily. At my first post op doc visit, they were all amazed at how well I was getting around. I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to say that I think I must have been the exception and what you experienced is probably more common.

I was banded on March 24th.

weight.png

same experience here ! i had surgery on a Wednesday. by Monday, i was off the pain meds.

hi all~

Tomorrow @ 9:30am is my first fill! I am excited and ready! I will wake up and have only fluids. I will update you guys after. Wish me luck!

peas

hope all goes well, peas ! give us the scoop tomorrow !

Did we ever decide on a name? I like Lucky Losers or March Melters. Anything is fine with me!

i believe "Lucky Losers" was the winner <see below> ;-)

Pezo- I was wondering how you did with the crawfish. I am desperately craving shrimp but I am too scared to try them right now:drool: Were you able to chew the crawfish to mush?

Peas- good luck on your appt. Hopefully it will go smoothly and you will end up with nice restriction:thumbup:

Conetha- I am glad you are feeling better:redface: I felt so much better about this journey once I started to physically feel better.

mdepauw- I did the same thing, I joined and than couldn't find the " Lucky Loosers". I finally did a search for Lucky Loosers and than found where it was at. I am on pureed/soft food and tonight I cooked the heck out of some broccoli, put it in the chopper with some chicken breast and a little velveeta cheese and I am in heaven right now:biggrin: I was so starving before I ate, I knew I waited too long to eat but I had to make my kids dinner first and somehow they seemed hungrier than me.

Well today was the first day that I actually got all my Water in. I dont know why it is so hard, I had no problem before the surgery:confused: I feel like I had a successful day, I ate healthy, drank my Water and exercised. I think this was the first day that I feel like I did everything exactly the way I was supposed to:thumbup:

Pezo- I was wondering how you did with the crawfish. I am desperately craving shrimp but I am too scared to try them right now:drool: Were you able to chew the crawfish to mush?

Peas- good luck on your appt. Hopefully it will go smoothly and you will end up with nice restriction:thumbup:

Conetha- I am glad you are feeling better:redface: I felt so much better about this journey once I started to physically feel better.

mdepauw- I did the same thing, I joined and than couldn't find the " Lucky Loosers". I finally did a search for Lucky Loosers and than found where it was at. I am on pureed/soft food and tonight I cooked the heck out of some broccoli, put it in the chopper with some chicken breast and a little velveeta cheese and I am in heaven right now:biggrin: I was so starving before I ate, I knew I waited too long to eat but I had to make my kids dinner first and somehow they seemed hungrier than me.

Well today was the first day that I actually got all my Water in. I dont know why it is so hard, I had no problem before the surgery:confused: I feel like I had a successful day, I ate healthy, drank my Water and exercised. I think this was the first day that I feel like I did everything exactly the way I was supposed to:thumbup:

I forgot 2 mention I ate 3 shrimp also and it was toatlly fine....I didn't chew until it was pulverized but I did chew well....I also had a pair of kitchen sciccors in case I would have needed them...I think it will b fine but I m not a doc.....good luck let us no...

Hey guys~

I have to tell you a funny story. Today I was hanging out in my yard doing some gardening. My Tomato plants are really doing well! My 5 year old was playing in his sand box. It was a nice sunny day here in FL and with a cold snap of 40s coming tomorrow I decided to get some sun... so I was walking around in a bathing suit. (I have no modesty and no shame, BTW!) Anyway, this guy pulls up in a pickup truck with a freezer in the back bed. He is selling meat and seafood in bulk (the high quality stuff... like Kobe beef and stuff). I laughed at him trying to sell me 100lbs of meat when I am trying to get rid of 100lb of meat! I realized how rude I was coming across with the laughter and told him I had stomach surgery and had a stomach the size of an egg. He tipped his hat to me and took off speeding down my road! LOL.

I did go in and defrost a rib eye for dinner. My hubby ate most of it.. but I had 2 oz cooked med. rare. I also ate some green Beans and a sweet potato (sm). I had more than I have had in a while.. but tomorrow starts liquids (my doc doesn't want us eating at all the day of the fill)... So I had one more "last supper". I was hungry just a bit ago and had one of those individual fat free cottage cheeses. I still only had 765 cal today.. but 91 g of Protein. I didn't change the ticker or profile thing.. but I am 35 days post op and 24 lbs down. I had a big work out today with the trainer... and those couple extra pounds did shake off a bit. Still one up from the 25 of last Tues.

I will be sure to update tomorrow while I am sipping my liquids and testing my band.

jennibells~ good job today.

pezo~ glad you had your SLURP... crawfish!

Conetha~ glad you are feeling better! : )

mdepauw~ welcome back

thinner/karen~ thanks for the well wishes

I feel the love!

peas out