Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I just pray that I can hold out till the 13th. I get my first fill then. Right now I am just flat out hungry and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Although seeing as how I have lost some, I guess I'm not doing to bad. BUT right now, this is pure HE!!.

BUT right now, this is pure HE!!.

Funny...I went to my one week follow-up and my surgeon said, "You'll now start lap band hell. You have the band, but none of the benefits of it yet." Can't wait for my first fill, but at least my doctor isn't strict on the food choices. He just wants me to eat lots of Protein.< /p>

My doc won't consider a first fill until 6 weeks.....I'm gonna loose my d@# mind......I don't want to gain but I don't want to starve EITHER.....

We will get through this, I PROMISE:wink_smile:

I'm gonna hold you to that! lol

My doc won't consider a first fill until 6 weeks.....

I'm right there with ya - 6 weeks for me too!:smile2:

Hi y'all! (Although I live in FL... I am originally from NC.)

When I was on full liquids.... I got REAL tired of all the slider foods and was constantly hungry. Finally one night (4 days early) I made a soft scrambled egg. It was the most full I had been in weeks! The other thing that holds me when I am just soooooo hungry is one of the little tubs of Weight Watchers "cream cheese". I eat it slowly with a spoon and I guess the fat in it just sticks to the ribs a bit. Someone else said the Laughing Cow Light cheese does the same. Tonight I had 2 oz. of lobster tail for dinner and some veggies. Advice from experienced bandsters... the few nights before the first fill.. eat some of the foods that you will not be able to eat when you're tight. (within the 4 oz. recommended amount). So I might have to work in some steak (filet) tomorrow. The other downer is many don't have a lot of restriction after the first fill. It may take several fills to reach the "sweet spot". SIGH.

Hang in there all..... we can do this! We didn't come this far to give up!

Peace,

Laura

For the LIFE of me... I can't get my photo next to my name... only in my signature. It keeps saying error. Any suggestions?!:wink:

Are you loading it as your avitar??

and for the life of me....I can't get this stupid ticker thing to work....how did u do it?

I go in at 5 weeks for my first appt. I am going to call ahead of time to make sure I can get my first fill than because I dont want to waste an appt. if I cant get a fill!!!

I had heard people suggest the laughing cow cheese, I think it is the little circle wheels. Maybe I will get some of those. I have to do something because as of now I am eating every two hours because everything I eat goes right down and I dont feel full at all!!!

I had heard people suggest the laughing cow cheese, I think it is the little circle wheels. Maybe I will get some of those. I have to do something because as of now I am eating every two hours because everything I eat goes right down and I dont feel full at all!!!

ok, i'm confused (so what's new :wink:). i have to do the mushies from day 14 to 28. are soft cheeses allowed during that time?

and for the life of me....I can't get this stupid ticker thing to work....how did u do it?

hi - it looks like you are copying the HTML code. i think you need to copy the bbCode instead.

bbCode:

(Message Boards code, FertilityFriend.com's boards, phpBB based boards, Invision Power Board, vBulletin...)

my doctor said for me to be on mushy and soft foods weeks 3 & 4. I consider mushy anything I can put in the chopper and soft woudl be stuff like eggs, tuna or chicken salad and cheeses.

If your doctor wants you on just mushy foods for these two weeks I would check with him before you add anything.

I have not lost ANY weight since the mushies started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not even eaten that much. I am hungry but I am working out........what is the deal? Anyone else experience this? Is there a problem? I am getting really frustrated.

Hi all, I just wanted to update everyone. I am feeling so much better when I posted the other days 2 days post op, I thought I was not going to make it. I feel so much better I can sit up and not feel dizzy. I guess I am on the road to recovery. Counting the day of surgery 3-30 I am 4 days post op....and finally feeling a little better towards the road of recover