Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy to be here

Hi Everyone! I'm 47, happily married to a wonderful man, have two grown daughters and one grand-daughter on the way. Same ol' story....weight up and down all my life, seems mostly up for the last 15 years. Am beginning the process of getting the lap band and am very excited to find this site for support and information share. No surgery date yet, will let you know. Good luck and happy Monday to all. :(

If you have any questions this is definately the place to come! Welcome to the site! Good luck on beginning the journey. I wish you the best. WELCOME!

Hi Everyone! I'm 47, happily married to a wonderful man, have two grown daughters and one grand-daughter on the way. Same ol' story....weight up and down all my life, seems mostly up for the last 15 years. Am beginning the process of getting the lap band and am very excited to find this site for support and information share. No surgery date yet, will let you know. Good luck and happy Monday to all. :thumbup:

Welcome to the board this is a wonderful site with a group of very well informed people who care and share their common goal . I have been banded a little over two weeks and know this was the right decision for me . I hope and wish you all the best . I have already lost 13 pounds ,and have started walking (on Treadmill) for an hour a day and feel my body changing . Again welcome and keep reading all the blogs they do help with question you might have .

Thanks for the repsonse Ronda. Congratulations on your lap band and your success. I had the psych appointment today and hopefully will be seeing a surgeon in a couple of weeks. I'm excited about gaining this tool and a higher quality of life. How has the liquid diet been for you?

Thanks for the repsonse Ronda. Congratulations on your lap band and your success. I had the psych appointment today and hopefully will be seeing a surgeon in a couple of weeks. I'm excited about gaining this tool and a higher quality of life. How has the liquid diet been for you?

Well at first I started getting hungry ,and I followed through with the liquid phase of this change . It really was hard ,but I did it ,and now that I was told to move on to mushies I can honestly say I 'm no longer hungry .

Yesterday I had to force myself to eat .Never thought I would have to force myself to eat in a million years (I Love FOOD!) I also have noticed when I cook for my family I have no desire to taste it no longer . I have always been a picker a little here and a little there (just samples) .but they add up big time .

I feel like if this is a restriction I'm in a great spot and might not need a fill ,but then again I'm only 2 and a half weeks out (swelling I'm thinking ) either way I'll take what I can get (LOL).I went to my primary doctor two days after seing my LB Doctor,and when he told me my blood pressure already came down I was so shocked and thrilled at the same time .I was setting myself up for a heart attack or stroke, I 'm only 42 years old a wife ,mother and grandmother ,and I have so much to live for .I'm raising my grandson he is only 4 years old ,and I want to be around to enjoy what God has given me . I already planning on getting a Tummy Tuck a year from now theses are things I have always wanted to do ,but never took the leap ,now that I took the biggest step in my life I will continue to be a healthier person . I can't wait for summer to get here maybe this year I can go to the beach without a shirt covering me and lay on the beach feeling comfortable in my own skin . These are goals I want to reach .I hope you can do the same soon , do you have any idea when you might have your lap band in place ? I'm sure your getting excited and nervous at the same time ,just think about how much you have to look forward too. Let me know how your psych appointment went ,and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I completely understand your motivations to want to have the lapband, be healthy, and live longer .....and to not have to feel the need to cover yourself on the beach! I get it all!

The psych appointment went well as far as I am concerned. Will have to see what the shrink thinks;-) She told me that if she didn't have any concerns that she feels she needs to see me again for (depression, anxiety, etc.) then within a week they will call me to make an appointment to see the surgeon.

Here they want you to quit smoking for 8 wks prior to surgery. Thats been rough. I am opting for more low CHO foods at this point and have a very strict diet for the two weeks prior to surgery (to shrink the liver so it's out of the way for the surgery .....low Carb diet.) I'm hoping to have the surgery the first week or mid of March. I have to have all my co pays paid up front 2 wks prior to surgery as well. Thank goodness for some income tax return because that will nearly three grand. They also told me that smoking can cause ulcers so they don't want smoking after the band too. I would like to say goodbye to the cigs permanently, but not sure if I will be able to. They did tell me that because of the swelling I wouldn't feel hungry even before an adjustment until about the fifth week when the swelling goes down. Here they don't do the first adjustment until after the 6th week.

I worried that I couldn't cook for my family prior to and 2 months after the procedure to lessen my temptation....and have prepared for that by letting them know they are on their own with the food until I am ready to cook for them. They are supportive....in theory anyway :-)