Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 6th Bandsters

I am getting banded on February 6th with the Realize Band at Princeton Hospital in Birmingham Alabama.:(

I am getting my band on the 6th also in Houston.

How are you doing on the pre-op diet?

Only have 1 week pre-op diet. I start tomorrow.

I'm also being banded at St. Agnes Hospital in Maryland on 2/6. I am trying my best to stick to the pre-op diet. My pre-op in low carb, high Protein until 2/5 and then Clear liquids until 48 hours post op.

I have been stocking up on Atkins shakes, liquid Vitamins, liquid tylenol, and trying to narrow down my Protein Drink selection. Isopure seems to be the best option so far, but still open for new ideas.

:w00t:

I'm also being banded at St. Agnes Hospital in Maryland on 2/6. I am trying my best to stick to the pre-op diet. My pre-op in low carb, high Protein until 2/5 and then Clear Liquids until 48 hours post op.

I have been stocking up on Atkins shakes, liquid Vitamins, liquid tylenol, and trying to narrow down my Protein Drink selection. Isopure seems to be the best option so far, but still open for new ideas.

:w00t:

My doctor has me on 5 days of low carb, high Protein and then 2 days of clear liquids. It hasn't been too bad so far.

I have been keeping my food journal in www.sparkpeople.com. I love it. I input everything I consume.

Good luck on your banding .. you getting the Realize band or the allergan? I am getting the Realize.

I have been starting to stock up for after the surgery. I will go Wednesday and get some last minute stuff.

Keep in touch!

My Doctor only started doing the Realize band last month, so he strongly pushed the Lap-band. I am happy enough to go with his recommendation, as he is the one with experience. I have read up on the Realize band and I think the on-line support sounds fantastic.

I have been cleaning the house like crazy, trying to get everything settled for the kids, so me having a little down time won't be too much of a problem for them.

I am so excited. I can't wait for Friday to get here.

I know what you mean. I am trying to get everything done before Friday also. I have to go to the store tonight and get more Protein Drinks and other things. I also know I have to make a stop at the library before Friday becuase I can't go to long with out some reading material.

But the one thing that is stressing me out the worst is trying to get my desk at work cleaned enough that they won't miss me too much when I am off next week.:angry: I am really looking forward to having some much needed time off even if it is just sitting around recovering from surgery!!

Reading material.... hadn't even crossed my mind. Glad I read your post. I have been so busy buying things to drink, I completely forgot about needing something to do. The kids are with my sister for the weekend, so I will be bored out of my skull with out something to read. I need to run by the book store.

I did buy Fuze slenderize drinks.... I am going to see how they taste with the Protein powder.

Good Luck on Friday if I don't hear from you guys before.

Well tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!! :thumbup:

I cannot wait till the day is over and we can go on with our new lives. :laugh:

HAPPY BANDING!!!!:biggrin::tongue2::thumbup::tongue2::tongue2:

I am getting banded tomorrow too! I have to be at the hospital at 7:30...surgery at 9:00...whooooooooohooooooooooooooo

:biggrin::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::tongue2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::laugh::thumbup::thumbup:

congrats to all of yall getting band today!!! I was band Tues Feb 3 and I promise you it is so much easier than any of yall could think! I was scared to death to be put to sleep and just scared of the surgery in general! I had never had surgery before... yall just relax and everything will be FINE!!! Yall update everyone as soon as yall can!! Goodluck yall!!!

Well, the day is finally here. I am so anxious to get it done. My surgery is scheduled at 10:30 AM.

Well, I was banded Friday, February 6 and so far everything is going well. My pre op I was at 253.5, (wasn't on a liquid diet until clear 24 hrs prior to surgery),surgery day weighed in at 250.5 and post op two days later weighed in at 246.7 this morning...

I slept a LOT the day of and yesterday and have been up and down more today. A little gas in my chest, but otherwise NOT hungry at all and am sipping a little broth, Jello and lots of liquids.

I did have a good sized hiatal hernia that my doc found and repaired during surgery, and life is good!

My hubby was sick yesterday so go figure, had to take care of him and me! Then he woke up today and declared himself fine. When I got on the scale and told him my current weight he was like, "oh no"....time for me to get on myjob and lose some weight too!

so, now that you're all banded, how's the first days of recovery going?

I was real sore day 1 and day 2. I have not taken my diabeties medicine since the day before surgery. I had 1 week pre op diet. This morning .. i weighed and I have lost 25 pounds. They did not weigh me the day of surgery. I am walking regularly now. Took the dog with me this afternoon. Tomorrow I get off the liquids. I have not been been hungry.