Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month diet pre- surgery

hello, i am new here, i have 175 lbs to lose and insurance turned me down the first time not enough info from doctor on 6 month program now doing it again, diff doctor.. 1000 cal a day diet for 6 months i am having a hard time getting going i have started and want to chew food, not sure if it is because of the u can't have it u want it attitude or not, go to support meeting next wed.. does anybody have any advice. to help me out.. I really want to do this and hubby does not want me tohave surgery but not saying to much right now about it.. but I have other support people and haviong a hard time getting of sodas this is my caffine in the morning down to 2 a day, have been on diet since last wed..

i appreciate any suggestions... :lol::thumbdown: thank you

thank u so much for your advice, I will try these what you have suggested, I did not have a soda at all today, so that was good,, thank you so much, it is appreciated..I will do this.. for my health...

I was not required to do a pre-surgical diet but I did have a husband that was more than iffy about the procedure. I have a knee that needs to be replaced and they won't do it at my current weight. I had become so immobile that even doing week one on WW I did not lose a pound. Hard to do when you weigh in at over 350! I knew I had no other options and this was the tool for me. I came to realize it was the procedure that scared him and once surgery was over he has been very supportive. Since Sept 29 surgery I have lost over 44 pounds and now feel they are gone for good. I am able to move around better and have started doing Water aerobics.

Keep trying to think of food as fuel. I made a mental switch and if it is not providing nutrients it doesn't get to go in!

Best of luck!:confused:

thank you, I need 2 knee replacements decided to do this first and thensee how the knees go. I will remember what you said no nutrients don't consume .congrads. on your weight loss, hope i do as well..hopefully this site and lap support at docotrs will help a lot I am sure... I also have a hard time getting around have to use scotter at stores, cannot walk a distance, or stand very long.. doctor says for me to loose 30 lbs before using step machine at the Ymca because of my blood pressure... so I use a floor pedal bike at home for starters, can't wait for it to warm up so I can use my pool.. should be April... Hopefully hubby will support after surgery, but he is not going to stop me, I take care of my motherinlaw who lives with us she is 83 and in a wheelchair on some days and a walker the other, also is on dialysis 2 times a week so I have o get better to take care of her better and hubby has a pacemaker defib. so I am needed by both of them.. have to do this for many reasons health being the first and looking and feeling better after that... so thank you for your support and advice !!!!