Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI, I was banded Dec.23 2008 did great first two weeks.Then the hunger hit called my doctor he decided to fill me at four weeks Jan 21,2009.I had my fill and ate 8oz. of fish that evening.I am still starving what do I do? I have gained 7lb since surgery I am so frustrated.

HI, I was banded Dec.23 2008 did great first two weeks.Then the hunger hit called my doctor he decided to fill me at four weeks Jan 21,2009.I had my fill and ate 8oz. of fish that evening.I am still starving what do I do? I have gained 7lb since surgery I am so frustrated.

It sounds like you dont have any restriction yet. It is possible for the fill to have not "kicked in" yet. Some people say they can't feel a difference until after a week. Until you get restriction, you won't have any real benefit from your band, and any weight loss you experience will come from a lot of work on your part.

I am sorry you are hungry all of the time. That really sucks. If after a week, you still are starving, call your surgeon and see if he/she will agree to do another fill. Many people don't feel any real restriction until their third or fourth fill. :thumbdown:

Also, ask if you are supposed to follow any certain guidelines after a fill. Many doctors require liquids after the fill for a day or two. Mine doesn't, but I always read people talking about the liquids after a fill.

Hi Mark,

Dont get discouraged. Maybe you need to start a food journel to see what you are getting. I will say before my fill and with my first fill, I could eat anything and chew like I did not even have a band. It is very important that you weigh your food. Im not sure how many calories you are suppose to have, but I have to have 1200 calories a day with 60 grams of protien. Are you eating all of your calories not over but just the right amount. If you are trying chaning up the foods you are eating. Try going from chicken to red meat. Are you getting ALL of your protien. I think protien is the key. I have found that this band is not a magic band and you have to work VERY hard with it. It is like you are on a diet, you have to watch everything that goes it, but that is ok. You will then make better food choices and intern will loose the weight. Also I take Fiber pill EVERY day, one at 10 and one at 3. This helps out SO much with the hunger pains, please try this. I did not think it would be but trust me, your body will start tell you, uhmm hello time for your Fiber pill....lol. I hope this helps, again DONT give up. The hardest part, making this decision to change your life, you have done. The band will help if you work with it!

Good Luck!

Hey Mark,

I was banded 1/7/09 and I'm feeling the hunger, especially right before dinner. Right now, I'm having some hunger pains too. I'm not due for my first fill until 2/12ish so I've been trying to eat more protien than anything elso so I will feel fuller. Hang in there!