Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banned for one year today

Guest vikka

Guest vikka

Today is my Anniversary for having my Band for one year. It has been some year for me. The Band does not make life easy and yes there are many challenging days. Some days your up and some days your down. I have had a lot of frustration, but today all of that seems to fade away when I think about where I started and where I am.

As a reward today I went to stein Mart to buy a new outfit everything in my closet is long gone given away or tossed by this point. I really don't have anything to wear except the few shorts and tops I have bought to get me through Summer. I haven't been shopping since April so I really had no idea what to expect. Last year when I went in for my surgery I was at 225lbs today I am at 150. I wore a size 18 on a really good day a 16, but really an 18 was my size. Today I bought some black pants I tried on the 10 to big I tried on the 8 to big, I then tried on the 6 was it possible that they fit. I even ask 2 different sales people are these to tight? They both said no. I can't beleive it. I am in a size 6. I haven't worn a size 6 since 2nd grade when it was a 6x can I tell you how thrilled I am. Can I tell you how thrilled I am that I can even shop at a regular store not a fat people store. To top this off My wedding ring got real big on my finger so my Husband took it to the jeweler I din't know he was doing it and had it re-set in white gold it was yellow before. He gave it to me today what a surprise the dimond looks twice as big in the white gold and because my hand is half the size it was a year ago it looks just fantastic. One other thing I hate to even tell you all this but I just can't tell you how this Lap band has changed my life in one year. Last Friday my Husband went out and bought me a new car. Ihave wanted this car all my life, but over the past few years I thought how silly would some one as fat as me look in a Jaguar, thats right a brand new XJ8 Jag. It is so beautiful and I feel so beautiful driving it. I use to dream about being one of the beautiful people you see out eating or shopping instead of the frumpy fat girl. Needless to say my life, my marriage, my job, my kids, my attitude everything in my life is sooooo much better. Would I get the band again Yes Yes Yes. It's been a great year I still would like to loose 20lbs so we will see but for now I couldn't be happier.

Congratulations!!! That's great -- you are very inspiring to those of us about to get banded. Best wishes on those final 20 lbs.

And WOW -- a new Jag -- you are one lucky girl! :)

Allow me to add my congratulations on your anniversary! What a year! I often wonder what I will be like, and what my life will be like in one year. There are some things I hope change, and there are many I don't want to change. Still, a new Jag would just about hit the spot! Thank you for your inspiring story! Cindy

I just really love it that you guys are updating us on ya's one year anniversaries. This is such an inspiration to us pre-banders. I see so many things on here - ie, pb, reflux, slipping...and I think..Do I really want to do this? And then I read your story and it confirms my desire. Size 6...you go girl. I think my mother brought me home from the hospital in a size 6. So, I don't remember it. I'm so proud of you. You've come this far- those last 20 pounds will come off too. Hey, you can probably get some extra exercise by parking that Jag out in the back 40-so that others won't hit it. Thanks for the inspiration.

HAPPY BANDAVERSARY! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I was just banded and thinking that i am loseing too slowly. Your story ahs given me inspirationand hope. Thank you for shareing your story with me. I am now 10 days post op and so excited! It was stories like yours that really made me choose the lap band over the gastric bypass.

I hope you post a pic of your before and after for all of to drool over with jealously and hope for ourselves. Best of luck to you with your last 20 pounds!

Guest skinnycecy

congratulations you must look great ,im getting banded next month, my weight is 217 and my goal is 145 thanks for your story its an inspiration for me

I think about where I started and where I am.

It's so hard for me to think of myself as anything other than fat.

Thanks for posting your victory, it really gives me something to hang on to and look forward to.

Congrats on on your success!!

OMG!! I loved your post so much I read it twice! How wonderful for you - what a great DH! You have done do well!! a size 6-OMG! I seriously never would ever thing even a 8/9 would be possible for me. BUT I started out right were you were at a 16- so maybe. Thankyou for giving me such great hope!

How many fill did you have & how much were they? How much exercise did you do? Any problems that stand out? Boy I wish you lived close;0)

I just read your other post from April- OMGoodness!! you went from a 10 to a 6in just 4 months!! -4 dress sizes in 4 months!!! You are a machine & I can't wait to see some photos! How is that band slippage you had doing?? Did it self correct like you had hoped? How much of a fill do you have now? You are truely a HUGE inspiration!! Congrats & thank you!!!

Guest vikka

Christina,

I still have my slip. It did not heal, however when I went into see my Doctor he said you really don't need to repair it as long as you are still loosing. I was so happy. The repair is $6000.00 and I was a self pay. I had it done state side so I paid $15.000 for the Band.If I have to have the repair it is considered a hernia surgery and my insurance will cover that.I have a $2500.00 deductable Just got it lowered. So I was really happy that a repair is not mandatory. As far as fills go My doctor fills me for free for one year, sfter that they cost $150.00. I had my frist fill in Sept. 6 weeks post surgery. it was 1cc it lasted until April. Went in they found the slip,took everything out to see if I would heal I was really worried I gained about 1 lb during that 6 week period. Then I went in and ask for a fill of 1.5cc Wow I was good for a few weeks and then I got tighter and tighter and to the point where I was in pain. I could hardly drink Water until late afternon, forget about eating until dinner then very little. I wasso tight, so I just went back 2 days ago and he took me back to 1cc. Thats when he told me not to worry right now about the slip. I actually went in to schedule the surgery so I was so happy. I thought I might be hurting my body if I dinn,t get the repair but he said there is nothing to worry about.

I do have a very active life style and get a lot of exercise and I do work out I had a personal trainer for a while, but now I just go to the gym, need to go more I am a little flabby, My biggest problem area are my underarms, other than that I am really pretty good. I may need to have an arm tuck. I am going to start working out at cruves I have a lot of friends that go there and have really great results so I am buying a membership there this week. I still would like to loose 20lbs.

You are an inspiration to us all. Congratulations on such a great year of being banded and reaching for your goals!! Good luck with your continued success!!!!

Good job and thanks for posting now. I am having one of those down days - got a fill yesterday and was sick all night. Still struggling today and now the dog is sick. I hope my story at 1 year is alot like yours - oops except I'm single and no one will buy me a jag. Good luck on the last 20.