Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mt 1st-2nd & 3rd PB!

Road Queen- Yes I have had problems w/water being painful. Isn't it weird?! Its like a stinging feeling when it hits the back of the throat & goes down. I will say it would only last one day usually. I have zero idea as to why this happens. Logically the Protein Shakes feel good because they coat your throat I would say. They usually are the one thing I can count on that will make me feel better. My side is feeling fine this morning which is Sunday, finally.

Jamieh- So sorry you had to go to the hospital. How scary & very painful! If I hadn't had been able to make myself throw-up & than continue to throw-up on my own , I would have been right behind you at the ER. Your right I guess we learned the hard way. Sorry you had to go through what you did. It must have been a very scary situation. I am sure you were worried not only about your pain but about your band & the possiblity of it slipping. I am much more conscientious of how I swallow & how much after going what I went through.

My number one goal is to remain a PB virgin : )

That whole thing scares me to death, but that's what I've needed all along to motivate me....fear.....

omg!!! you had to get an UNfill in the ER?!?!?!?!?! you poor thing. I hope that things get better for you. That sounds so horrible! I wish you both speedy recoveries. I will continue to be diligent in my chewing...thank you for shareing your experiences here so that others may learn from them. wow that is so scarey!

I had my first PB this morning. I was filled on Feb 7th for my first fill. So on my way to work this morning I stopped at McDonald's for a coffee and egg mcmuffin. After a few bites of that, it got stuck while I'm driving to work. I kept heaving slime and small pieces of food into a napkin. This continued for 15 minuetes, until I ran out of napkins. Good thing I keep a supply of fast food napkins in my car. Yes it is miserable. But it will remind me to take smaller bits and chew more thouroghly. And maybe even certain breads will have to be a no no. I suspect this PB'ing will get worse after I get more fills, so I will really have to be even more careful after each fill.

Hi,

I have had 4 fills now,

I had a bad stomach flu right after I got through with the liquid stage after the fill, The heaving was so violent, none like I have ever had, I felt like I got beat up for days!!

And now I am finally eating solids again.

I have never had PB or stuck or slime, I do not wish to experience it either. However, I don't know if I really have restriction either. I still can eat quite a bit, I am less hungry though. I feel a pressure in my chest pretty much 24/7 with or without food or drink. Is this restriction?? What the heck is this annoying feeling?? It is sort of like the irritating feeling after you drank something and it went down the "wrong pipe" and you cough and cough, but your lungs are left feeling irritated.

Does anyone know what I mean??

Is this normal to have this feeling all the time regardless if I have eaten or not?

Janet