Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alex, I think I'm allergic to climate changes, especially lightening. I get loopy/dizzy/lightheaded, plus my eyes become severely painful. I still predict earthquakes on occasion by screaming noises in my ears that drop me to the floor. A couple years ago, I happened to catch a special on TV about a woman that's allergic to lightening. Okay, it sounds weird, but the poor thing curls up in a ball and has electric shock pains through her whole body during storms. Then other people talked about predicting earthquakes based on piercing rings in their ears.

Furthermore, I get severe vertigo in high buildings. When I'm at the top of the Empire State Building my body bonks off the walls like I'm a human pinball because I wobble and can't keep steady - legs turn to Jello. There's a rotating restaurant at the top of The Stratosphere, where I had to leave my steak and lobster behind because I got seasick and nearly tipped over when I tried to stand. I get more seasick than most people, too. Plus I have anxiety disorder. I've also been told by several psychics that I'm highly intuitive, so I wonder if all this adds up somehow. Toss in the fact that I'm the only one that got severe Elevation Sickness when I went to Brianhead a couple weeks ago to 11,000 feet elevation. I think I attribute a lot of this to differences in air pressure.

My dad lives in Key Largo right on a canal. I get seasick even before I get on the boat. It takes me several days to adjust to living near the Water. I have to take seasick medicine as soon as I get to his house or I get really sick. And the day after a fishing trip Chris has to hold my arm to walk because I can't steady myself.

I'm extremely sleep-deprived today, so my mirds are wixed, but the point I'm trying to suggest is perhaps the climate, storms, and all the weird weather might be to blame? Just another Delarlaism.

Having temporary low blood sugar may be the problem. When you eat your starchy or sugary items, if you eat them with some Fiber or protein(to a lesser degree) it will help moderate your blood sugar levels and prevent temporary low blood sugar. The dizziness will usually happen several hours after a sugary/startchy meal or after several hours past your normal meal time if you haven't eaten it that day. Also if you have worked particularly hard without much food intake in the day.

Some things to check out at least....

T

DeLarla, I'm just a little dizzy. What you're describing sounds a bit more, um, dramatic. :) That said, we do have a cold front moving through this evening, and maybe I'm feeling that changing air pressure.

Donali, I love your theory!! We're all tuned in to the cosmos, man. :)

Hi Alex, of course I am not a Dr. but maybe it's as simple as an inner ear thing. I also know that when I don't eat for awhile and my sugar gets too low I feel very dizzy and almost outside myself. Weird. Hope your able to find out what's causing it.

Lisa

Alex, my best friend went through horrible dizzy spells & they did all kinds of test on her. She even would get sick to the point of throwing up. Turns out it was a bunch of wax in her left ear. I mean a HUGE bunch of wax. After they flushed it out she was nearly 100% better. The other problem she was having were headaches which seemed to go away after she stoppped using the patch Birth-control. Go figure!/?

If it's an ear thing, have you heard of Ear Candles? My weirdo herbal friend introduced me to them. I thought she was kidding, but she really shoved this long candle into my ear and lit it. I had to lay there on my side as she monitored the thing because I was afraid my head would catch on fire. I'm not sure how it works, but it's supposed to draw out all the wax. You look really stupid during the process, but they make my ears feel pretty good afterwards.