Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I'm actually not new to the lapband site but I kept having trouble getting on as ws467 my first user name when I started using the site in June 2008. here is my story and it is pretty depressing or maybe I just feel sorry for myself. I started out by attending a lapband seminar in early June, everything looked real promising. I had 2 sleep test and was prescribed a cpap machine, a nutrional visit, psy visit and 9 months of weight watchers and 5 years of regular medical yearly visits, all the cp morbidities and BMI of 49. This wasn't good enough for my insurance company-highmark blue cross blue shield of pa, they wanted 6 visits with a dr for a supervised diet. The surgeons office filed my claim in late July and I received this upsetting news on Aug 30, 2008. I had already started seeing the dr who done my sleep test and Jan 5,2009 ended my last visit. I also found out that I'm a border line diabetic and have thyroid problems. I rushed my own records across town to the surgeons office so they could send it back in because I was in a hurry learning in December that my husband was going to be laid off and would loose his insurance the day that he was laid off which was Jan 16, 2009. Guess what the medical review board began looking at my case again on Jan 12. As of today I'm not insured but Thanks to the good lord I have a job where I can get on their insurance which is active care 2 (BCBS of Tx)thru trs. If you know what this insurance requires please let me know. Itruly believe that I have every kind of a document that any insurance company could want and I plan on filing with this new insurance whenever I get signed up. Wish me the best and I hope everyone out there who is trying to get the lapband is successful.

watermelon_1, which is what I feel like since I haven;t lost any weight in 6 months.

Hi!

Wow, your story is touching. You have had a bad experience, but it may have a silver lining. I don't have BCBS, but I know someone who does and they have already had their surgery and required very little. I can't be 100% sure of the details, and you should call their benefits number as soon as find out your membership info. I have to say I think it is crazy that some insurance companies make it so hard to get this surgery done, when clearly people are in need of the surgery. I have united healthcare and so far, they are pretty good. I have not had my surgery yet, but I know their requirements are 5 years of medical records, a BMI of 40 or BMI of 35 wtih comorbidities. I have to see a nutritionist and a pyschologist. They are looking for 5 years of medical records showing my weight.

So, I wish the best and hope it all turns out for the better for you!! Keep your chin up...only good things happen when you do!

That is fantastic news!! I wish you the best!!! My surgery went great and I am 1 month postop now and doing great!!