Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The miracle on the Hudson

Since you have decided to ASSume (you know what they say about people who ASSume right??) that because a questioning statement about who and what God has plans for was placed on a forum that the Lord Jesus Christ is not MY savior and that some how from all the way in CT you can exact any sort of knowlege about my strenghth of Faith and what relationship I have with the Father....?? Maybe if YOU were a truly rightous women of faith instead of attacking their faith belief. Maybe you would be more concerned with truly serving serving the lord instead of spouting dribble about a plane that landed safely (I NEVER said that it wasn't awsome or that it wasn't GREAT....) or that NO ONE was complaining about coverage of Barak Obama..what country are you living in??? But then I would have to ASSume that your the type of person that believe's what the media tells you..and that wouldn't be nice would it?? So maybe you could get off your Jesus soapbox that OOHH so often turns people off and away from accepting Jesus and makes fellow Homeschooler's like yourself and I (Yes, I homeschool as well)), seen as Jesus Freaks and social outcasts......And you mistake "anger" at God with frustration with dribble..... .You should try www.TodaysChristianWomen.com to EDUCATE yourself ...on the true blessings of God and what YOU can do so your no longer a sheep of the media.....or PRAY for the Freedom for everyone currently a vicim, or LEARN at www.iast.net. , ADOVOCATE to legislators about concerns for your state at www.usdoj.gov , or SERVE by introducing tough subject's to your church Priest,Pastor or Sunday School... Just don't ASSume that your a rightous women of faith because you can spout off that God will return and bind Satan in Hell.

Well at least you're not bitter, or anything.

I dont think she is bitter. Just fed up.

Maybe not. Maybe V-Queen was just having a bad day. But....Patty posted something pretty generic, along the lines of "Thank God everybody survived the plane crash", and V responded with 1) how the media was over-covering the story, and 2) how the media was glossing over child rape, or something like that. It just seemed a little much......like somebody lecturing me about the supposed "separation of church and state" when I say "God bless you" in response to a sneeze.

Maybe not. Maybe V-Queen was just having a bad day. But....Patty posted something pretty generic, along the lines of "Thank God everybody survived the plane crash", and V responded with 1) how the media was over-covering the story, and 2) how the media was glossing over child rape, or something like that. It just seemed a little much......like somebody lecturing me about the supposed "separation of church and state" when I say "God bless you" in response to a sneeze.

I suppose things like this can be interpreted any number of ways.

V-queen, First of all, I never assumed or stated that you were not a christian. I only assumed by your tone and comments that you might be angry at God. But if I am wrong, and you're just frustrated with my 'dribble', then you may choose to stay away from my postings. bye now.

I dont think she is bitter. Just fed up.

Fed up with what?! I have never even had a conversation with her before.

As a New Yorker, I am just so happy that we dont have another ground zero. We've had too many planes fall from the sky in these parts. My apt overlooks the Mighty Mighty Hudson, I dont think I would have dealt well had there been yet another catastropy in my front yard.

Even though I cant watch the coverage of the Miracle (911 PTSD wont allow it) I am glad that there is some good news being reported.

For what its worth.

Hi chocolate-snaps, So, you live in NY. Do you like the city? I'm in CT and have been to NY city many times, but feel I could never live there because of the busyness of it there. I was wondering, do you give pres. Bush any credit for the fact that we haven't had another terrorist attack on our soil? I'm asking you, because you've 'lived' the experience of it right in your backyard as you call it, and lately there has been alot of talk about his 8 years in office. When 911 happened, I felt as if it were too close for comfort, and I'm about 1 1/2 hours away. What's your opinion? Also, were you anywhere near where the plane went down?

Hi chocolate-snaps, So, you live in NY. Do you like the city? I'm in CT and have been to NY city many times, but feel I could never live there because of the busyness of it there. I was wondering, do you give pres. Bush any credit for the fact that we haven't had another terrorist attack on our soil? I'm asking you, because you've 'lived' the experience of it right in your backyard as you call it, and lately there has been alot of talk about his 8 years in office. When 911 happened, I felt as if it were too close for comfort, and I'm about 1 1/2 hours away. What's your opinion? Also, were you anywhere near where the plane went down?

I love NYC. Its one of my great loves. To answer your questions. No, no credit. Which plane? on 911, close enough to inhale the ashes of 3000 people. The passenger flight to DR over Queens, in Washington Heights comforting friends who lost loved ones. On Friday, just a mile away.

I'd say close.

SO we are arguing over whether complete and abject misery is warranted for the many things wrong with our world. I have seen some really tragic things in my life and what I have learned is to Celebrate the miracles when you get them.

Debating the merits of a happy ending to a nearly tragic event is wild. So I wont. Enjoy misery.

BTW: Who has a backyard in Manhattan:lol:

Fed up with what?! I have never even had a conversation with her before.

You are assuming that I meant she was fed up with you specifically or personally. What I meant to suggest is she may be fed up with your school of thought and responded in a manner to express that rather than being bitter. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I prefer to believe in luck, good and bad, for if we are to praise a God for good luck then logic dictates that we must curse this same individual for instances of bad luck. Good luck was the so-called "miracle on the Hudson" and bad luck was that awful, awful day of 9/11. Or do we believe that Allah was watching over the suicide mission on that day???

Good luck was the so-called "miracle on the Hudson" and bad luck was that awful, awful day of 9/11. Or do we believe that Allah was watching over the suicide mission on that day???

I would never agree with the statement that Allah blessed the terrorists for the deaths of 9/11. Don't forget that suicide bombers or terrorists are fanatics. Fanatics can be very harmful and from any faith such as Islam, Christianity, etc. 9/11 was horrendous, but so are abortion clinics that get bombed. Every religion has an unfortunate, but luckily small number of people who feel they are faithful believers and therefore are empowered to harm others in pursuit of faith over the centuries. While there may be a few people that feel it was their version of God's blessing that people died . . . that is certainly not the norm.

These people were definitely very lucky to be able to say, I crash landed in a body of Water while in an airplane without significant injury. :thumbup:

Whether that "luck" was God's blessing, blind luck, skill of the pilot, a small child sacrificing an ant with a magnifying glass so that other people may live, someone on board the plane wearing their "special" underwear, or gifts left for the blessed, invisible airline elves that dance in their panties under the full moon on the wings of the plane once a year . . . I am still happy they survived.

I prefer to believe in luck, good and bad, for if we are to praise a God for good luck then logic dictates that we must curse this same individual for instances of bad luck. Good luck was the so-called "miracle on the Hudson" and bad luck was that awful, awful day of 9/11. Or do we believe that Allah was watching over the suicide mission on that day???

And your opinion is fine, Green. If you had started a thread saying what good luck it was that everybody survived, and somebody posted a pretty venomious response, I'd call them out on it as well.

Thank you plain , for your support. I like you. You seem to be a genuinely kind and fair person with a good head on your shoulders.

Hi green, is that your last name or your favorite color? (for my last name is green):thumbup:

I don't praise God for good 'luck', but for good things that happen. I believe that at creation all was 'good', but Satan entered the scene and continues till this day to create havoc in the world. There are 2 spiritual forces (good and evil) and spiritual warfare that goes on all around us. Whenever the evil forces can, they will interefer in the worlds activities and try to bring about death and destruction. Life continues on. Sometimes evil prevails and sometimes good prevails. We can know the outcome of this spiritual war through reading the scriptures. In the end, Satan is defeated and cast into hell for all eternity and God will be forever glorified. I do not curse God for the 'bad' things that happen, I curse Satan. The spiritual warfare that is taking place is for the souls of mankind. Satan knows the outcome of his own fate as well and wants to take as many souls down with him as possible. God also trys to reach as many souls as possible. When christians pray, God hears their prayers and intervenes in situations.