Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Take Liquid Meds In A Capsule?

I recently read about a supplement that can be taken that is supposed to help with Hair loss (which is a problem for me that comes and goes) and also helps with PMS. I read about it in Prevention Magazine and can't think of the exact name of it right now...Primrose Oil or something like that. Anyway, I bought a bottle and took it for a couple days, then started to have strange feelings when I'd eat, like I was getting backed up - from the pouch up my throat. Like what I'd eaten earlier hadn't gone down all the way. I began to wonder if it's the type of pill I took that is causing this, which is a pill that contains a liquid inside a capsule that will dissolve in the stomach. Problem is, the pouch created by the band doesn't contain all the acids that the lower part of the stomach does, so I'm not sure if the pill is dissolving in the pouch or if it's just stuck there. Anyone else take a pill that has liquid inside that's supposed to dissolve? Any problems with it?

Thanks,

Sue

I can't answer about being stuck, but I can say that I have never heard of primrose oil helping with hair loss. Hair loss is caused by a number of things.

1) Stress to the system - like having surgery, losing a lot of weight, and being under anesthesia. If this is causing your hair loss, nothing can stop it. But Biotin can help the new hair grow in nicely.

2) Protein deficiency - I find if I go under 100 g of Protein a day, my hair falls out like crazy. This is because I work out a lot and need more protein than the average bear. Try upping your protein about 20 g from wherever it is and seeing if that helps. If not, just go back down, no harm done.

3) Vitamin or mineral deficiencies. If you supplement with the right supplement (the one you are deficient in) that can help The mostly likely possibilities are: zinc, selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, silica, Coenzyme Q10, Flax Seed Oil.

4) Hormonal imbalance. This needs to be diagnosed by a doctor. Until the imbalance is fixed, the hair will continue to fall out.

For your pill, you can try removing it from the capsule and just drinking it. It will probably taste horrid though.

It's probably Evening Primrose oil. I've never heard about it helping with Hair loss but it works wonders for PMS! (Just ask my DH, HAHA) It is an Omega-6 essential fatty acid. If you want to keep using it, without the capsule hassle, you can find it in liquid form also at a herbal or health food store, or online.