Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help - how do i handle this in the future?

Looking for words of wisdom from everyone. Last night my DH :banghead: thought he was treating me and bought me a favorite frozen custard treat. I had been at work all day after having been home with the flu for 2 days and when I got home he was so proud of himself for getting me something he knows I love. :) Now I know he wasn't trying to sabotage me because he is so proud of how well I'm doing and tells me so all the time; he just thought I deserved it. I have to admit that I ate most of it, just because he was so proud of himself for thinking of me. From anyone else I could have probably said no thanks.

I just don't know how to handle this in the future. I did ask him not to do it again but I really don't want to hurt his feelings. He has such a generous heart for the people he loves. :) Help!

To be honest the treat didn't hurt me because I either got sick from the richness of it or my flu recurred again and it didn't stay with me.

After I burst into tears and cried because he surprised me with a totally inappropriate (but favorite) meal he cooked for me...I told my husband that I wished I didn't have a problem with food, but the truth is, I do.

I said that I need to be in control of what I eat all the time...and that while an occasional treat wouldn't bother most people, food surprises can be very dangerous for me. He said he'd just make sure his surprises weren't food any more! I think it was much harder for me to tell him than it was for him to hear it. I told him I wouldn't always make the right choice, but the onus had to be on me, and he was fine with it. Maybe a heart-to-heart with your husband is indicated. Apparently he has learned, in the past, that food is a good gift for you. You need to tell him things have changed! It's only fair. He wants to please you so help him do that!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches