Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 12 bandsters!!! Are you there???

I was banded on the 12th. Where is the other thread located?? It is really nice knowing that there are others who are going through what I am at basically the same time. Good luck!!

Hey Moonstone,

The other thread is in the pre op questions. I think it is still quite a bit more active than this one, just because all of the previous posts are still there?!?

Also, some of us from the 12th are blogging at bandedtogether09.blogspot.com. If you would like to join us, just leave your email addy or send me one at (Mrs Jess Larrew)no spaces @gmail.com.

Glad you found the rest of us from the 12th! there are quite a bit of us actually!

I'm here! So... the last post I made on our other thread about me being hungry was really upsetting to me but I kind of have a new outlook. I was reading through other threads like ours for different dates and noticed that the ladies that posted saying they wre hungry were in their 20s and those that reported no appetite were in their late thirties and older. I'm wondering if age has something to do with it... maybe the drive of our metabolism? Its a thought.

Anyway.... to update everyone on the situation, I was having terrible hunger pains earlier! I'm talking pains like I haven't eaten in days-and i haven't!-to the point that I was in tears. My Dr.'s instructions were to eat broth like Soups, and sugar free flavored water until week 3 and I havent even cleared week 1 quite yet. Instead of trying to eat something, I decided to go to a local nutrition store and bought a Protein Shake mix that is great on sodium, sugar, and carbs. The helpul lady at the store told me that there are alot of people with lapbands that come in to buy the same shake and she suggested that ground flax seed is a great supplement for women and when added to the Protein shake aids to fill you up. She said not to mess with benefiber or those other commercial Fiber supplements because they expand in your stomach and can cause blockage to lapband patients so I bought some ground flax seed to add to the shake. It definately helped! I HAD to get rid of my unhappy stomach because I was miserable. I am going to keep those on hand when my stomach gets like that again which I think is probably the better option than trying to eat. I am going to call Monday and make my 2week appointment so I don't have to wait too long. I am getting a fill that day too, which I hope will take this hunger away!