Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I am at the end of my mushy stage and I am due for a weigh in on Monday January 19. I feel lots of doubts that I used to use to sabotage me in the past from being successful at losing weight. I know I have not been eating the way I used to but I feel so bloated and fat. People tell me I look like I have lost some weight but I can't feel it or see it? I just know myself that if i get on that scale and have not lost at least 10-15 lbs in the last 4 weeks I am going to feel very defeated. I know we are only supposed to lose like 1-2 lbs a week. With all that i have to lose it will be years and years until I reach my goal. I just don't want to sabotage myself with the thoughts of "all this sacrifice and hard work is not worth it if I only lose little to nothing". Thats when I go and throw it all away. i have started to exercise , I hope that will help.

weight.png

Amjohnson:

Congrats on getting the band and committing yourself to the journey of health. Thank goodness you found this forum, because you will find lots of people who support you in your efforts.

Be patient with yourself as you heal and learn how to work the Band. It is not a race and everyone has a different experience with the Band. Gradual weight loss is the best way to go, so your mind can catch up to your body.

Exercise has been key to my rapid inches lost. Notice I did not say weight. I have dropped 3 pant sizes already and I am close to going to the next lower size. When you increase your exercise you build muscle and muscle weighs more. So pay closer attention to how your clothes fit and how many inches you are losing rather than the number on the scale.

You will get there, just give yourself a chance!

Best wishes!

believe me I know how u feel...but u have to keep reminding yourself that this is a forever change...and theirs going to be bumps along the way...u have to keep moving forward...because thats whats going to make this time different... this time is different...and all the work you put in will pay off...sometimes it just doesn't pay off when we want it too... I didn't lose for almost 3 weeks...despite personal training sessions and an adjustment... well I'll be darned if my body just needed some time or whatever...when the personal trainer did my measurments... an inch and a half gone...despite the stupid numbers...and I got more compliments in those 3 weeks than i had in months prior... it works out... just sometimes not by our watches! Good Luck :wink:

also don't forget that ur swollen... it took me about 6-7 weeks before it was almost gone...so that will give u that nasty puffy feeling... just be patient...it pays off... if u need to talk feel free to IM me

Hi Im new

I got my band 27 Oct

6 weeks later the doc put in 1 ml

I ate normal food and normal helpings

In early Dec I went back and got 2ml put in.

I couldnt swallow Water and freaked out so the doc took out 1ml. I could still eat normal food and normal sizes.

Feeling despondent and taking time out to enjoy food and drink with friends and family over xmas I decided to go back for another fill.......5ml. Im still disappointed at how much I can still eat but two days after this fill I feel that for the first time I dont really require more food but have picked........I dont know if this is what should happen or not but I am going back for a further fill .5ml hoping that this last fill will do the trick.

what do you think?

Netty

Australia