Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP- I have a cold - fill is tomorrow

Okay, I am starting to get worried. Saturday I saw my Dr and he was sick. Guess what he gave me! Yes, his cold.

I have waited a month for this stupid fill and now I am afraid. I am sneezing and coughing.

What if I sneeze when he is trying to stick the needle in? :thumbup: What if I sneeze when the needle is in and my fill is not complete? :thumbup: What if my mouth is full of BARIUM (YUCK) and I start to cough!?! :thumbup: What if he says he is germaphobic! :thumbup: Okay, not germaphobic, but I do have a snotty nose.

Has anyone been sick when they did your fill and will everything be okay?

Okay, now we can laugh - can you imagine having the needle sticking in you and then sneezing. It might be funny ... better yet sneezing with barium,,,,,, sick I know :sneaky:

And I cannot have anything after midnight, there goes cold meds.....

I hope all works out fine. Why can't you have anything after midnight? I can eat right before my fills. Then it's liquids afterwards.

I hope you get this long overdue fill.

I also hope you feel better REAL fast.

Teri

Hi Debbie. I'm so sorry to hear about your cold, but come hell or high Water, I'd get that fill after all you've gone through. Your doc must be a little more strict about fills, I just need to cut out the solids two hours prior, but I can still have liquids. If you're allowed, can you take a liquid med? Also, can you have nasal spray? I just got over a terrible cold, and I also used the ZiCam nasal swabs. I swear by those.

Good luck, and if you spew a little barium, try to miss the person holding the needle! You do want to keep on their good side. :yikes:

Debbie, I hope all went well with your fill. My doctor is the same as yours. No food after midnight before a fill. I have one on Monday. Hopefully, you didn't sneeze with a mouth full of barium, or sneeze or cough while the needle was sticking out of your stomach (bad visual). Let us know how it went. I hope you are feeling better.

The fill went great! EXCEPT ----- They only have two Dr who do them, they do them under the foura. My Dr, Dr Hall told me "sorry I am slow I have Carpal Tunel, tomorrow I get surgery. Good Grief, :thumbup: thank goodness I got in when I did. So he had a student Dr who wanted to be PERFECT, good and bad. But she was good all in all. :wink2:

Turns out I have a slightly twisted port, thus the problems getting the needle in. But he told me not to worry, just the way the port is stitched to the muscle. Didn't sneeze during the procedure, but when they put the table to the standing position - THE NEEDLE CAME OUT. :mad2: The student told me that "that seems to happen a lot with our THINNER patients" THEY CALLED ME THIN! :w00t: Okay I love this Doctor. Something about the skin and muscle.

So they were THRILLED with my weight loss, THIRTY POUNDS since my last fill. :clap:Funny how you forget things like this and how great they make you feel.

When I did the first swallow they said I really needed a fill. I felt it just SWISH through. By the time they were finished, I could feel the restriction. The Dr told me he is very conservative with his first fills. He wants you to get use to it before he gives you real restriction.

OKAY - COULDN'T YOU HAVE TOLD ME THAT LAST TIME - HELLO!

So I had to SWEAR to only liquids for two days, two days mushies, and then guess what - I GET TO EAT EVERYTHING! Or whatever works best with my band. I am looking forward to trying my first salad in months.

So for me it was a PERFECT visit. I left on cloud nine :)

Thank you all for your kind words. You know me, I freak out :smile: before this stuff.

Now if i can just get under 200.

Debbie,

I am so glad that everything went well. Your loss has been awesome! Your hard work has paid off. Keep up the great job!

Glad it went well. HUGS

I hope you're cold is better, and I'm glad your fill went well.

Okay - I have to confess. I gained two pounds after my fill. I ate too many sugar free popsicles. They are my weakness. The cold even caused blisters on the roof of my mouth, ouch. And then mushies, I ate too much SF Dark chocolate pudding. MMmm chocolate........

Never ate too much at one time, but obviously there is a point where I should have know better. And you cannot eat nothing but sugar free popsicles and pudding.< /p>

So here I am trying desperately to get under 200 pounds and I do this to myself. How stupid is that. But I guess it could be worse, could have been Cookies.

So anyway, I am back under control and I am now to the final step, 5 month plus post op diet. I finally get to eat ANYTHING I want. So today - a small wedge of lettuce, no dressing. You know what, It Was FANTASTIC.

And I have found getting two ounces of protien at a meal sure makes a difference. :tongue:

So - Good Bye SF Popsicles, hello salads. I am going to get under 200 if I have to walk from here to the moon!

Thanks for being there for me. Debbie

It happens. You saw the err, and corrected. I wish I could figure out what is going on with me. I seriously have been gaining, and I'm not eating any different, except less carbs, bumped up my exercise. I'm getting so discouraged. But I'm not giving up.

teri

I was speaking to someone who has studied nutrition. Seems our bodies are "pissy" little things. You could starve yourself and actually gain weight, for a time. Seems you body can get use to a decrease in calories and then any change causes it havoc. Like carbs, if you don't eat carbs it can mess with your brain and make you depressed.

Maybe your body is just "pissed" off and taking a break.

Let me know if you want me to give you my Nutritionist's food plan.

I would call your Surgeon. I am sure they have come across this before and maybe they can give you a suggestion.

Teri, you have done so fantastic. Keep your chin up. Take care - Debbie

I'd love your nutricianists food plan.

I saw my surgeon. He thinks I'm dealing with head hunger a lot. I think he may be right. He did give me another .5 fill (my 5th total fill). I'm feeling more tightness when I eat, and if I only allow myself the half hour to eat, I eat MUCH less. I do however find myself wanting to graze. Not a good idea. SO I'm working on that right this second.

How is your cold?

Teri

I'd love your nutricianists food plan.

I saw my surgeon. He thinks I'm dealing with head hunger a lot. I think he may be right. He did give me another .5 fill (my 5th total fill). I'm feeling more tightness when I eat, and if I only allow myself the half hour to eat, I eat MUCH less. I do however find myself wanting to graze. Not a good idea. SO I'm working on that right this second.

How is your cold?

Teri

Hey Teri, so glad you saw your surgeon. They know our bands bet. And .5 fill is a good fine tune. Hopefully this is enough for a while. My cold, gone, but the nose remains. I hate runny noses, but what can you do. Actually, I am not sure it was a cold, it was kind of short. Maybe I am just healthier.

I like the restriction. I actually find I look forward to the restriction. I got tired of eating until I was going to burst. And when I think back to the amount I could pack away. Good Grief -

Funny, a tiny snack satisfies me. Sometimes I find I just have cottage cheese and fruit for dinner or protien drink. Amazing how little satisfies now.

Let me know how you are doing. Take Care. Debbie

I'm finding that I feel better eating less, but that lowers my caloric intake. They are thinking I'm not eating enough. WHEN did that happen? Anyway, I'm making better food choices now. Like last night I made for dinner Liver (tender and juicey the way I cook it), and peas, and a lipton Pasta and broccoli noodle side dish. I ate the liver, and peas. And because I didn't want to feel deprived I had two small noodles from the Pasta. I wasn't hungry again the rest of the day. This morning I had a Protein bar. 180 calories and 20 grams of Protein.

I haven't been able to exercise since Friday, and feel like I've cut my arm off. (You know missing something major). HOwever I wish I could cut my right leg off. I pulled the muscles in an ice related fall. The back and inside of my right leg are so tight and painful. I'm walking slowly, but I am constantly on the go, thanks to the twins.

Oh, because I've told you so much about my boys, I'll share some good news about Matthew. Remember he can't walk? Well he has a gait trainer (if you are curious google pony gait trainer- it's the yellow one) on loan from a therapy place here. He's all over now. So I'm constantly teaching him, no we can't knock Brandon's glass off the bar. It breaks. (He learned that the hard way) In therapy on thursday he walked over 500 feet. His longest distance ever!

teri

Teri, that is so fantastic! You have been through so much. I take it the twins are getting over there Winter illnesses, you however, YIKES, that must be awful. Anyway I remember a few weeks back when they were ill and you were so frazzled. And now Matthew is walking. WAY TO GO MATTHEW :scared2: You won't be able to stop him now.

And when would you have ever thought you were not eating enough! Isn't life funny.

I am going to check it out. I am very courious.

Also, just so you don't feel bad, I worked my ass off to loose the weight I gained after my fill. Then the scale was down 3 more. Okay - 201 - almost there, right WRONG - This morning 204, HOW COULD IT BE 204 again, wasn't I just there :( !!!

Anyway, you are not alone, we are all here for you. Especially me. Take Care Debbie