Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:sneaky::mad2:Hello , I am in my first chapter since surgery. I have lost a total of 15lbs since Nov 19. Is this normal amount, or should i have lost more by now. I have heard all the dos/dont for eating, but the only thing that does not cooperate with me is Jello (no big deal), but all other foods i am doing well with. My job description entails alot of walking. I think my portion size is a fair amount not as much as before the band. I am very frustrated today as i think i should have lost more by now. Any advice would be grateful.

Edited by msdelicious

Hi msd, and welcome to LBT.

I'm sorry that you're frustrated though. Have you had a fill yet? Don't expect a miracle with your first fill, but it will help. Are you measuring your food? ("I think my portion size is a fair amount not as much as before the band.") I think measuring is very important, especially at first. You probably are eating less than you were pre-band, but unless you're measuring, you can trick yourself into believing you're eating a lot less than you really are. Also, what kind of foods are you eating? You may be eating foods that aren't conducive to weight loss. Are you getting any exercise besides the walking you're doing with your job. The walking is good, of course, but are you getting your heart rate up at all and do you feel like you're getting a work out?

I'm not really asking you these questions for your answer, but those are the things I'd be asking myself. I'm not going to be a super fast looser either, but I'm making healthy food choices and exercising, and in the long run, I'll get to my goal in a healthy manner.

thank yu for your reply, I have not been measuring the food, but i am going to start a more vigorous exercise plan. i just read how others have lost 20-30 or more lbs. after surgery and they it after me.

You're actually doing a great job with your weight loss. Be aware that if you have less to loose, often times, your weight loss will be a little slower. Also, some banders have had a six month insurance required diet, and some doctors require a very strict pre-band diet. Those numbers may be included in some of the totals.

thank you for your encourgement, sorry it took so long to reply, my computer crash. and i am using work time now. but i would like to add you to my friends list in times of a rough spot.

I'm sorry about your computer crash. That is such a pain.

I followed these instructions in this post to add my ticker. I hope it works for you.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

I'd definitely like to be added to your friends' list, and I'll be more than happy to chat with you, if you run into any questions or difficulties.

Just a note on the measurement of your food...

I bought a small set of plastic bowels at Marshalls.

They are really for measuring for cooking but they are labeled 1/8,1/4,1/2,1 cup.

I use these at home daily.

This takes the guessing out of how much I'm eating.

It has really helped me because it is really hard to judge otherwise.

I put the amount I am eating in my bowel and that is all I eat.

If I go on a trip I put my one cup bowel in a ziploc bag and in my purse it goes!

It's light weight and makes everything easy as pie. (ummmm!)

I don't pull it out at restaurants but it helps give me a visual of how much I should be eating at any one time if I need it.

msdelicious.....Please, Please, Please, don't compare your weight loss to others. This is only going to distract, discourage, and frustrate you. If you know that you are following the banders rules, there is no right or wrong amount you should lose. Everyones body is different. I experienced everyone passing me up in weight loss. I got very depressed at the time so I stopped coming to this website. Then one day about a year later I came back. I seen the people that had passed me up a year ago and I was at the same spot as them about 2 years later. Did they get there before me? yes. Are we both there now? yes. Most of them did not lose as much as I did and had to have tummy tucks, arms, legs, thighs done. I believe it was because they lost weight very fast. I didn't. Mine was slow and steady and my skin was able to keep up with my loses. Of coarse some has to do with genetics, but you can't count out fast weight loss as a culprit. I may have taken a little longer but I saved alot of money and pain. Just wanted to let you know that it is okay to be a slow loser, it has it's benefits. Good Luck