Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI warning! :) This one might be just for the ladies in the house....

If anyone who has been through the procedure , or maybe if there is a nuse or two around? (I know I have seen a few nurses posting in other groups....)

how far down are your incisions?

The reason I ask is I am having surgery tomorrow and yesterday marked my TOM! :rolleyes: I am wondering, logisitcally, how that will work during my surgery!!

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

I had mine done on Jan 2 and also TOM...no worries. I wore a tampon and it was no big deal. All incisions were above my belly button. Although, when i woke up they had placed a towel down there and taped it to my underware line in the creases of my upper thigh...perhaps that was in case i unconsciously wet myself while i was "out"! Best of luck! you'll do great!:rolleyes:

I have seen this issue in several threads and it seems that different hospitals handle it differently.

Some will give you paper panties to wear, some will allow a tampon, some will have you put a pad between your legs.

That valentines day character is adorable Jodi!! I still havent been able to get my Ticker to work?? I dont get it. I use the compuer all the time and i cant get it to work? lol

ok - this nurse feels a little silly! obviously TOM has something to do with your period but please tell me what it stands for.

also, i work in surgery and it has never been a problem for a patient to wear a tampon during a procedure. the exceptions would be if the surgery requires vaginal access or if the surgeon anticipates keeping the post-op patient sedated or comatose for an extended period of time. these situations could set up the potential for toxic shock syndrome if the tampon is forgotten.

best of luck to you.

crickpoodle

I was so worried my surgery was scheduled for my TOM and it was no big deal.

I worried for nothing.

I just wore an nighttime pad; they gave me some net panties (woohoo sexy!) and everything was fine.

Don't worry!

It'll be alright!

TOM = that Time Of the Month :rolleyes:

ok - this nurse feels a little silly! obviously TOM has something to do with your period but please tell me what it stands for.

crickpoodle

lol. It stands for time of the month

That valentines day character is adorable Jodi!! I still havent been able to get my Ticker to work?? I dont get it. I use the compuer all the time and i cant get it to work? lol

Thanks, I think he's cute too. :rolleyes:

I can give you my version of ticker instructions.

• Go to Tickerfactory.com and go through the steps to create your ticker.
  • After going through all steps, Scroll down to where it shows the bbcode for your ticker. Copy the entire code from the bbcode box
  • Come back to Lapbandtalk.com.
  • On the dark teal bar above click "Quick Links" then click "edit signature"
  • Scroll down to the edit signature section and paste the Ticker Factory link in the box
  • Click he orange "save" button and it should appear.