Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

very hungry,hungry,hungry-help!!!!

:(my family just had pizza!!!! im dying!!! will i ever have it again?

i feel so hungry. trying to keep a good attitude and positive outlook, but it really can be a struggle when all im limited to is thicker liquids (ie Jello, pudding, yourgut, broth, etc). i know im healing but god i just want to chew something. im no supposed to until next wednesday when im two weeks post op. is there anyone else going thru this? if youre beyond this point how in the heck did you do it? what was your focus?

can you also tell me what will go on with my 1st pre-op appointment. its this friday. i know ive lost some weight, feeling pretty good about that but shoot how can you not when youre not eating anything. am concerned that i will fall when i do start eating again. does exercizing help?

dont regret this for a moment. know it was for the best but am struggling, struggling, struggling. its only been six days, seems longer. am i being foolish? thanks for the opportunity to vent and get your insight.

micki

What helped me get through it was thinking that this phase was going to only last XX amount of days... its just temporary.

I would cook the meals, serve the food then leave the room while they ate. The hardest part was NOT tasting while cooking.

And yes, most of us CAN eat pizza after banding. Usually the thin crust is ok to eat, and especially if its baked a little longer to make it extra crispy.

Also, its very commen to slow down or stop losing once we start solids. Just remember that this post-surgery phase is for healing and losing weight is the benefit :(

The real weight loss is going to happen after you get an adjustment (s). Some need several "fills" to notice any difference though.

Hang in there, your journey has just begun!

Oh, and WELCOME to bandland. :D

I told myself "It's worth it, it's worth it." When family is eating, I get on the boards and see what's going on. It really is for just a short time, even though I admit it seems long, so find something to occupy your hands and brain. It is hard, but it is worth it to feel as good as you're going to feel!

You're not alone! We must have been banded on the same day. I thought my hubby might go on a supportive diet with me during the fasting, but if anything he's bringing pizza and fast food into the house more because I'm not cooking. He's a great guy, but he has no idea how close I've come to strangling him these past two weeks. :-)

Anyways, the thing keeping me going is definitely the scale, even though most of it is probably Water. I try to make sure I'm full with a Protein shake when my family is eating, and I just keep counting down the days to mushies. I keep telling myself that soon this will be a distant memory, and it will, so hang in there. We can do it!!

Hi there. You'll be doing good in no time. If I was craving something really bad, I would chew it for the taste, then spit it out. Worked for me. Time flys when you look back. Day by day. I still have no fill, but doing okay once I started on solids.