Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Massachusetts!

My name is Maggie and I live in Massachusetts. I am 28 years old and weigh 236 pounds. This past December I completed my six month pre-op seminars required by my insurance and I am scheduled to meet with Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham & Women's on the 26th of January.

I am very anxious to get approved and begin my journey to a healthier life! I have been getting a little nervous so I thought I'd cruise around on-line and see if I could find any support groups and here I am!

Maggie :laugh:

Edited by skinnycow28

Hello and welcome Maggie. I too am a patient of Dr V. Banded back Nov 2007.

there are a few of us who try to attend the support meetings at the Brigham once a month on Tuesdays.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. and you can look to see our thread under the MA forum.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f42/brigham-women-faulker-hospital-56468/

Edited by tinywishes123

Hi Maggie! I'm having the lap band put in by Dr. Robinson at Brigham and women's on february 4th! Welcome around!

Maggie:

Welcome to lapbandtalk. I hope that your lapband journey is as good as mine's been. I was banded July 07 at Norwood Hospital.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

My name is Maggie and I live in Massachusetts. I am 28 years old and weigh 236 pounds. This past December I completed my six month pre-op seminars required by my insurance and I am scheduled to meet with Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham & Women's on the 26th of January.

I am very anxious to get approved and begin my journey to a healthier life! I have been getting a little nervous so I thought I'd cruise around on-line and see if I could find any support groups and here I am!

Maggie :)

Hi there, I'm from massachusettes as well. I'm 31 and have about 100lbs to lose, I just posted an introduction yesterday asking if anyone was from mass and having/had their procedure done at the Brigham. I went to their seminar and have thought about going to one of their meetings for those that have had the surgery. I'd like to know how things go for you. I'm seriously thinking about this but am just terrified, probably mostly of failure. :)(

Good luck!

Sandy

Hi All,

My name is Jean and I am scheduled to have the band done at B&W with Dr. Robinson on Jan. 28th. Still pending approval (should hear any day).:)

I hope to meet all of you next Tuesday at the group.:) I also have 100+ pounds to lose.

I just started my pre-op diet:drool:

Where in mass is everyone from??? It's nice to see so many on here.

Hi:

I'm from Norwood, MA. I got banded 1 1/2 years ago at Norwood Hospital by Dr. Adam Glasgow. Great Surgeon and Great Lap Band Group! Love my band, and love being an average-sized woman. I've gone from 26/28 to size 12!

Sue