Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my first post. I have gotten a lot of useful information from this site. That is why I decided to make this post. I am so discouraged. I was banded 12/02/2008. I lost 22 pounds the first two weeks. Since that time I have not lost anything. I am wondering if this is just another failed attempt to lose weight. Have others felt this way and did things turn around for you?

Hi! That's a great loss during your post-op phase! Congratulations!

From what I've read and heard from others, and experienced myself, there is a little period of time once you start feeling good after surgery and before you start getting fills that you seem to not move the scale much or at all. It is very discouraging, but it's not unusual or indicative of failure.

For me, I noticed my clothes fitting looser, but no scale movement for a few weeks. I had my first fill, and now the scale is starting to move a little. Don't forget though that the expected amount is 1-2 pounds a week. I really had to embrace that in my head when doing my goal setting.

Things will fluctuate, and I'm sure you will notice differences soon!

I hope this was helpful a little! Take care!

Dont feel discouraged ! I got banded in November and I have lost the same amount you have , no fills yet. You are doing great in the amount of weight you hav lost so far

Pretty much all of us have been where you are now...Bandster Hell.

As others have already said, when you get a few fills you will really begin to use your band and then the results will come.

Thanks, you have been helpful. I get a fill on 01/19/2009. I guess I am expecting failure which is the wrong attitude to have.

Can I add something also. Everyone has a plateau (miss spelled ?) we need to have. This is the time the body plays catch up with the weight loss. So Don't be discourage. The scale will move again very soon.

You are doing great! Don't be discouraged. You just made it through the holidays doing I would think a whole lot better than years in the past!

You'll see a big change after your fill. Wait and see!

Hang in there and be happy! :laugh:

:ohmy: I am so glad that I came across this post! I was banded back in October and I have only lost 20lbs. I felt so discouraged that I didn't even want to show my "face" again on Lap Band Talk. Yesterday is the first time I have logged on in a long time. I have had one fill and my band is up to 5cc's. I am so glad, in a way, that I am not the only one that is having this problem. I go for my second fill on the 23rd of this month and I hope that it really helps. I am so scared of failure.:laugh: Thanks again for posting this and boosting my hopes!!!

:party: I am so glad that I came across this post! I was banded back in October and I have only lost 20lbs. I felt so discouraged that I didn't even want to show my "face" again on Lap Band Talk. Yesterday is the first time I have logged on in a long time. I have had one fill and my band is up to 5cc's. I am so glad, in a way, that I am not the only one that is having this problem. I go for my second fill on the 23rd of this month and I hope that it really helps. I am so scared of failure.:cheers2: Thanks again for posting this and boosting my hopes!!!

Ru: we can all relate to the feelings you're having. We are so used to seeing the negative, so used to failure, so worried that we will disappoint ourselves again..so we overlook the positives that are right in front of us....You have lost 20+ pounds in 3 months, if you do the math that's 1.6# a week! They say the average loss over time is 1-2# a week. Now, some weeks you won't lose any and others you will, but in the long run, it will average out to the 1-2/week.:thumbup:

You're doing great, keep it up, be proud of your decision to help yourself, it's the best thing you've ever done for you :w00t:

I lost 22 lbs the first four weeks on the post op diet and lost nothing for 4 months. It is very discouraging but as long as you don't get that attitude of "I am not losing anyway, so I may as well eat (insert any bad food in here)"

It took me several fills before I started losing steadily. I never lost 2 lbs a week. I would suddenly drop 5 lbs then go on another plateau. Everyone loses differenly, but if you follow the rules, it will work!