Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a REAL explanation for this?

Since my last fill I have had really good restriction in the mornings till about 2 or 3pm in the afternoon. I am wondering what happens at night that causes us to feel tight in the mornings and is there anyway we could bottle it and mass produce it for all us oinky oinks that like to eat ourselves out of house and home and night because we have No restriction. *sigh*

Sorry I got side tracked there lol. Basically what I am wondering is...Is there a reason we are tighter in the mornings and if I get another fill to help me in the afternoon and evenings is that going to make me more tight in the morning?

If so...I am up a really yucky creek without a puddle :(

That has been the same for a lot of us...since this is a tool and I know I can eat way more in the evenings I save more calories for then. I also go do something else for 5 min when I want to eat so that I know it's hunger and not my being board.

I don't think that we know for sure why some people are tighter in the mornings than the evenings.

One theory that sounds reasonable to me is that if we eat a lot at night, then it affects our stomache by slightly irritating the stoma. So we are tight in the morning.

A different theory that also makes sense is that when we lie down, the band can achieve some sort of equalibriam in the band.

I dont know if it is just me, but with or without the band I have always been able to eat more in the evenings.

Gaynor

I think it has something to do with Fluid collecting in certain places while we're horizontal. Remember, your body is essentially a big squishy bag of Water and things redistribute when you're laying down for 8 hours.

A sage I know of says that the band should be adjusted to control the evening meal. If you're too tight in the mornings to eat much, well, just go with that flow. The band should be restricting your portion of solid food in the evening. If you're able to eat without restraint in the evenings, you may need a fill.

That said, another theory is that it's sort of a vicious cycle. If you eat in the evening your stomach may be, as VQ said, a little irritated causing tightness in the morning. But then you get hungrier later on because you haven't had Breakfast, so the tendency is increased to eat more later in the day. I have found that eating LESS in the evening really helps me be able to eat a better Breakfast, which in turn helps me eat a smaller and/or later lunch, which carries through to an early supper. A few days of this and the cycle has evened itself out, with the result being that I'm eating less all the time.

Good luck!!

My doctor said it's the Fluid in the body (the first point that Alex made). He sad that as we walk around all day the fluid collects in our extremities (hands, feet, ankles) and overnight, it all balances out again to all our tissues, thus making it tighter in the tummy. As the day progresses, the fluid drains down again to the extremities taking the pressure off the band and make it feel open again.

I have this same issue, Kel! I can sit down in the evenings and eat a big ole steak, then two hours later, want to munch on something else. I try to keep the munching to stuff like mandarins, carrot sticks, or even a few nuts, rather than crisps (which are my biggest downfall) .. but I'm not always successful lol.

Alex - you always have such great theories! lol .. guess I should just try to suffer for a few days and get my body back on track. Cheers!